March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

This month I will continue to focus on reducing soaps, I am still working on a tub of Crowne and Crane but despite my efforts in Feb I have not even reached the donut of death stage. Secondary focus is using big and/or scary lucking razors from my den, no not crazy things made while drinking just real razors.

Kicking off the month is the huge smiling razor, Mike Martinez Karasu, a full 9/8 in width.

Irritation A+ Closeness A+ Smoothness A+ Sharpness A+

Razor: M Martinez 9/8, 3/4 hollow
    Strop: Roo
    Brush: Romero
    Pre: Nivea
    Soap: Blood on Steel
    AS: Blood on Steel AS, L’Ocittane ASB
    Scent: by Killian A Taste of Heaven

ID - 1.jpg

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Way to start us off, Keith! That's a mean looking razor!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Welcome back, Ben!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey, Trigger, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Beautiful brush and razor, Keith!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

This month will be a focus month for me.
    I will be focusing on adjustable razors.
    I will use them Monday through Saturday, but Sunday will still be Single Edge.
    I have a black beauty, a slim adjustable, and a Fatboy, so I will be focusing on getting them to perform!

6. brit

brit in a box

will be a late night friday morning shave .starting the month will be the #77 rfb ,wn neumann soap,simpson commodore ,and acqua di gio a/s and edt..family traveling and arriving tomorrow.should be a great time..will edit the results in later..but i am sure it will be a great shave..happy march 1st everyone.. 20190228_182505.jpg

7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

If we are don't wake him up!

8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Just remember the number nine.
    Or is it goose goose duck?

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Just wow... I haven't closed the file on Feb '19 and March is already on page 4?
    Way to keep it rolling 30DC!

I don't have anything in particular to Focus, no Rule pops to mind. Call it the ole Unfocused Focus until clarity comes. Keeping my eye out for Inspired Shaves netted a great Arbac & Veg combo, and I've got a hankering for Barbershop.

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm sensing a recurring theme with you. :innocent

Douglas Carey, RyX, Trigger and 11 others like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I like where your month is going. Anytime "interesting Chinese razor" is used in a sentence it perks my ears up.

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You clearly missed the concession the Cartel made in trying to bring the rebels back to the bargaining table. Instead of voting for ice cream this month we simply included it with the Macadamia cookies and Mocha Mint Ice Cream. We believe that sometimes a benevolent dictatorship is preferable to a random vote of the masses........but you didn't hear me say that.

Douglas Carey, RyX, Trigger and 10 others like this.
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Indeed it is! AND a special CT enabling award to @wristwatchb . Talk about social engineering to get a guy to fall into a CT trap!

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

That is one of the coolest razors you have, in my opinion. Awesome start to the month. Only you could feature scary looking razors that have nothing to do with MAYhem.

Douglas Carey, RyX, Trigger and 10 others like this.
  15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Adjustables are so much fun to learn and use. You have the "big three" there. All great shavers.

16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Welcome back Ben. You’ll be happy to know the maturity level hasn’t improved around here.

Douglas Carey, NCoxSTL, RyX and 11 others like this.
  17. mrchick

18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It's almost midnight which means it's almost actually, really, finally, March 1st. Nice start to the month so far. I decided to follow the March Madness theme with one additional "M" involed. "Mild March Madness". I truly love aggressive razors. Fatip, Old Style, Muhle R41, Pain sticks, you know, those kinds of things. So, since I just spent some time with those favorites in February, I'm going to do something that seems quite "mad" for me and use only my mildest razors for the month. But, you say, is that really as mad as I can make it? Nope. I also used my three favorite soaps in February. Stirling, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Tabac. So, I'll leave those on the sidelines for the entire month as well. Also, I'm leaving Arko out of the game because Arko April is just 31 days away. So, that means Wheat State, Jeeves, D.R. Harris, Truefitt & Hill 1805, Proraso, Soap Commander and Oleo El Caballero along with maybe one or two oddballs. (I still have a puck of a goat milk/oatmeal based soap I found on ebay at some point. Might use that. Maybe even Marvy or Williams if I get crazy.) Mad enough for you yet? Nothing aggressive, none of my three top soaps. No? Ok, then, no synthetic brushes. Only the boars and badgers. Satisfied? No?? Ok then, let's leave the Russian blades on the shelf too. No Russian steel will be loaded. And if THAT isn't MAD I don't know what is around here.

Should be a fun month and as for our main purpose of learning and improving shaves? Using all of these mild razors with non-Russian steel should be a good illustration of the truth we hold dear. Technique Trumps Tools! Mild March Madness it is!

March Gear.jpg

Douglas Carey, Terry, RyX and 14 others like this.
  19. mrchick

I think I’ll focus on travel shaves this month...

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Welcome home! Great to see you again.

Douglas Carey, RyX, Trigger and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.