Long Rifle Soap Company

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Here lately I have been looking around for soaps that are not run of the mill. I realize there is some risk but, for a few bucks, it is worth the gamble. I found reference to this soap and decided to give it a try. Happy I did. Excellent, quick, comfortable lather. Nice shaves. It is a keeper.

Lrifle.JPG

PatrickA51, brit, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  2. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Long Rifle is good stuff. I just recently bought a bunch of LR soaps and I think its better than ever.

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Have a sample of one of their soaps... Hunting Lodge i think its called. Havent tried it yet, but smells nice and have heard great things about this artisan.

brit, Hembree, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  4. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Hunting Lodge is my favorite. Their Bay Rhum is nice too.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's my hope that for this one the leather and bay rum team to overtake the tobacco(while leaving SOME, of course). .

oscar11, brit and Hembree like this.
  6. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

This soap has caught my interest. My only concern is whether or not I will like the scents. I ‘m planning to order a sample pack from WCS as soon as they are back in stock.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  7. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I received my sample pack yesterday and tried one of the soaps this morning. I picked "Bay Rhum". The performance was great, I must say. The scent was surprisingly light, as bay rums tend to be overpowering. Light enough, that I really couldn't identify the scent.

I look forward to trying out the rest, I'm sure I will love some of them and hate others, as one of the scents was making me a little nauseous.

Frijolero likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Was that when they were still in Wisconsin?