The Haul: March 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

You're welcome - enjoy!!

2. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

This was a interesting find from last weekend. Did not know what I had until I did a little research. A Shake Sharp Razor. I think it is a first generation but could be wrong. Has the Bakelite handle and all metal is gold plated. At first thought it was a novelty razor until I look closely at it. After giving it a look over, it seems it have been designed by a engineer with too much time on his hands. Designer probably went to NASA to build rockets. Made from 1945 until early 50’s. It takes DE blades but shaves like a SE with only one blade edge usable. A very cool razor that I look forward to using based on reviews.

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/the-shake-sharp-razor.29757/

7B086A58-82CA-4839-A20C-7263C3AAD069.jpeg DD525E19-A6CE-4A8A-8349-2AF590F0F273.jpeg CDFA2DEC-623A-4BDD-BF9D-F696B9CD0B90.jpeg

BigD, Tjebbe, AGHisBBS and 13 others like this.
  3. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Ill spread this out over a couple of posts since I have a bunch, so here goes. First up is a double ring clone I think. No markings, no numbers. I think it might be a double ring box, it is a Gillette blade bank and old Gillette blades from the 20's I think. The razor is actually pretty nice.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

BigD, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 13 others like this.
  4. CrustyCat

Next up would be an old ball end from 1921 according to the serial. The ball end also had some glazing on it at some point.[​IMG][​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 12 others like this.
  5. CrustyCat

Next up are some ones in cases. The silver looking one is from 1921, serial P 74. The others are all pretty nice, no numbers.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BigD, Ron R, AGHisBBS and 14 others like this.
  6. CrustyCat

Gillette NEW LC, new replica handle. Nickel plate.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    BigD, Ron R, AGHisBBS and 13 others like this.
  7. CrustyCat

1906 single ring, very nice.[​IMG][​IMG]

BigD, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 13 others like this.
  8. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Some very nice razors!

RyX, Yehuda D and CrustyCat like this.
  9. CrustyCat

3 spare SS handles for use on the razors with cracked handles and a statecraft brush.[​IMG][​IMG]

BigD, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 11 others like this.
  10. CrustyCat

A Gillette good will box. No razor Another old type, a old tech with a different kind of handle, and a Schick injector. Whew, I think that's it.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BigD, brit, AGHisBBS and 10 others like this.
  11. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Wowza!!! What a haul of enormous proportion’s. I am not a expert but the DR might be a copy. Should have 14 teeth and yours has 13, but I could be wrong. Either wat, nice score

AGHisBBS, CrustyCat, RyX and 2 others like this.
  12. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

I have never seen a slim twist in a shaving kit. I thought they came with only techs. Very cool. Off to do some hunting.

13. Missing Lynx

Those are some interesting scales on that straight. Much wider and flatter that I have seen. It would be interesting to know who the maker is on that.

RyX and Hembree like this.
  14. Missing Lynx

That looks like either a Wade and Butcher or Durham Duplex DuBarry handle. It could be both since I think the companies were joined at some point. Either way, nice score.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    AGHisBBS, CrustyCat, RyX and 2 others like this.
  15. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Arriving yesterday from the mysterious Orient, the latest Hot Men's Grooming Tool, the Ming Shi Unscrew 3000s:
    IMG_0420.jpg IMG_0421.jpg IMG_0422.jpg IMG_0423.jpg IMG_0425.jpg IMG_0426.jpg IMG_0427.jpg IMG_0428.jpg IMG_0429.jpg

I've seen a couple of threads about this razor over on B&B, but nothing here. This particular one came from AliExpress and cost me $11.89 shipped.

Basically, it is an adjustable TTO razor which seems to borrow from a couple of different designs while infusing the low-end consumer aesthetic of something like a Weishi. Unlike the Futur clones, on the Unscrew, the blade bed and cap are fixed and the 1-9 adjustment dial moves the safety bars up and down. I assume that this simplifies the design compared to other adjustable razors.

Overall construction seems to be decent with the sketchiest item being the doors which seem a bit thin. The razor has a decent heft to it.

BTW, the plastic case is interesting. It's hard to see in the pictures, but the lid has a tableau of thundering horses. The specifications on the bottom note that the box has a shelf life of "Indefinite".

This will either be tomorrow's or Friday's razor.

BigD, brit, AGHisBBS and 12 others like this.
  16. Missing Lynx

The door closed head alignment on the fifth picture appears to be uneven. Was this a case of not tightening or is that how the head is out of the box?

17. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Linuxguile likes this.
  18. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

It’s a cool travel kit
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I love TryABlade!

Herm

Linuxguile likes this.
  20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Recently arrived.

44/45 Regent and 41 Aristocrat - Aristocrat is the one with missing plating on the handle
    acq1.jpg 4144a.jpg 4144b.jpg

1957 Diplomat - This is the first one I've ever seen dated coded this late, main reason I bought it.
    dip1.jpg dip2.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.