Delta Echo Razors turnaround time

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Aaron Harker, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Aaron Harker

Aaron Harker Well-Known Member

Hey there- question for those of you who had something coated by Delta Echo. What was the turnaround time when you sent your razors in?

The five month mark is drawing near (sent it in mid-October), and I haven't heard a word from Jay despite three follow up emails I sent. I hear his work is fantastic, but his complete lack of communication leaves a lot to be desired.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It took me less than three weeks.

3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

There’s been some traffic over on another forum that DE has gone radio silent and their website is now gone. No word as to what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. jimjo1031

Yeah, the site is down and on their Facebook page, the last post was 7-26-2018.

5. Aaron Harker

Guess I'll start a dispute with paypal, sucks about my razor lost in limbo :(

Hopefully he's okay

6. jimjo1031

I think I remember at one time, he mentioned a health issue.

7. John Ruschmeyer

What kind?

Sent from my iPhone using TappityTalk Pro

8. Aaron Harker

Nothing too rare thankfully, just a Fatboy

RyX likes this.
  9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Wow, I hate to hear this, for the OP’s razor, and for a planned project of my own. He did some beautiful work, or at least I thought so.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  10. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

Man that really sucks for the Op.

Maybe North Shore Razors as an alternative. I believe that company is still up.

11. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Just curious, any chance that North Shore is the same guy? The web page layout is remarkably similar to the old Delta Echo page. I considered going this coating route at one time, but would go with a uniform color as the two tone variations always look kinda weird to me personally. I've been a nickel replate fan since working with Chris at Razorplate who has done great work on a few of my Gillettes.

12. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Nope. North Shore is in Hawaii. Delta Echo is mainland (I think Washington). I’ve dealt with both. Two totally different guys.

13. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

Is there a quality difference between the two? I know what grabbed me about North Shore is the wicked looking Schick injector handles. Getting a brush and handle that are close would be impressive.

[​IMG]

Image belongs to North Shore Razors, it is not mine.

14. Aaron Harker

North Shore doesn't have nearly the number of color options that Jay did, so your choices are pretty limited. No quality difference that I'm aware of.

Hembree and Missing Lynx like this.
  15. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

:signs011:

16. Aaron Harker

Update

My Fatboy arrived today. Untouched of course- it was still in the packaging from October when I sent it to Jay (who's alive and well) and it hadn't even been opened. If he had something going on in his life, a simple email would have sufficed- I would have totally understood. Instead, the guy left me in the dark for months.

Now to see about my refund :/

BigMark83, Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  17. John Ruschmeyer

Good luck with PayPal; I'm sure that will work out fine.

It's sad, however, that DE went radio silent with no notice.

Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  18. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

FWIW, in the past, I have read Chris at Razorplate.com who is one of the best at traditional plating jobs highly recommend North Shore Razors for the coating options. He said he had had them do some of his own razors for him.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I wonder why they don't take the website down if they aren't still active. It is a bit disappointing as I was thinking of getting one done in the near future.

20. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

It's been down for at least a week.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk