The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Glad you find it more to the masculine persuasion(Royal).

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Wow - that's quite the haul!

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD March 5th
    [​IMG]

Blackland Blackbird
    Wizamet Iridium Super(2)
    Yaqi Professional (30mm, Cruiser Class)
    Stirling Hot Apple Cider
    Stirling Bay Rum PSB

Gnomeo0228, cliffb599, brit and 12 others like this.
  4. PLAla

SOTD March 6, 2019

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: PAL Adjustable
    Brush: JR #142 black badger
    Soap: Stirling Green

Wonderful shave with Stirling Green this morning. Really like this scent. The lather was the expected greatness you get from Stirling and the splashes are always nice. Can't go wrong with any of Rod's products!

SOTD 3-6-19.jpg

5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Inspired by @madmedic to take a short break from my straights and brush the dust off my Focus R48 to go for a spin. If I could pull the shave moves like that off with a straight, I believe I could also castrate flies in mid-air. This is the only razor I use that I ALWAYS 'chase the baby'.

Since I don't have any Williams, I am forced to proclaim this PiacenzDay Wednesday.

Piacenza (inspiration Parma) ranks high on the MaxHeadroom list of Most Glorious Stanks. I could do this every day even though I'm a closet Brutfan.

I suspect that Rod discontinued his deodorant line because people found the product more viscous than conventional deodorant sticks. I found that if preceded by a couple of sprays of isopropyl alcohol it glides right on. I wish I'd have bought up a bunch, it is the most effective deodorant I've ever used.

Be well!

[​IMG]

6. PLAla

Very nice! Piacenza is a terrific scent.

NTR, john zeiger, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

What's at the bottom of the Stank list?

8. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

The "Veg"

9. Edison Carter

Paul you realize the precarious position you put this 'Stirling Fanboy' in to list his least favorite Stirling aroma.

But to satisfy inquiring minds AND prefacing with the disclaimer that Stirling has something for everyone...... Port au Prince.

Just couldn't find a way to like the vetiver. Unfortunately trying to get used to it gave me an unrational fear of being buried alive without a box. And I am now sensitized to it and find myself questioning other stuff containing it.

10. Paul Turner

I do realize that, Mr. Cawtuh....perhaps I should have withdrawn. If anything, I suppose the answer helps Doc Ezlovan in some way, as we do see lists of critical comments as we look at other products.(Stoylin&everything else). Having said this, we know that with Stoylin the positive outweighs the negative.

11. Paul Turner

I just noticed that I need to do a review on the Stoylin website of my Sandpiper soap and aftershave. I thought I did one for the aftershave, but I don't see it. I'll have to get this baby rectified. (Note-how does one rectify a baby?).

12. Edison Carter

Really though, I have no doubt that the good Doc will totally exonerate himself by making another run of the highly esteemed Stirling for Him, 'for me'. After all, he did produce a run of the awesome Glacial Lemony Orange for us.

13. Edison Carter

Uh.... a thermometer?

Suggestion for your review "Oh yeah Sandpiper, you da man!"

14. Linuxguile

I was going to say temperature probe, but decided to let that one go.

15. brit

brit in a box

stirling deep blue sea soap and splash on the way..

16. Paul Turner

Thank you fellas for your......uh....."assistance" and "encouragement" in me getting my Sandpiper soap review in. The Baby Has Been Rectified. Or, from that Beatles song, sung by George Harrison:

THE FUTURE STILL LOOKS GOOD.

AND YOU GOT TIME TO REC-TI-FY
    ALL THE THINGS
    THAT YOU SHOULD

17. Paul Turner

Well, I'm glad you let it go. :cool:

18. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

IMG_1538.jpg

I sit here tonight as one proud Papa Bear. My daughter is on break from college and made her own Stirling order even though I had bought her several of the new scents. Queen of Hearts still seems to be the big winner so far but shesh trying to get a few of her friends to try as well.

On another note, I used my Hipster set. Truly rich manly scent. Going after full sizes very soon. I also tried the EMP sample EdT for a few days. Wow! Soooo much better than EM. The Pineapple is smooth and the smoky notes are sultry, not campfire or ash tray. To be honest with all of you, I'm tired of seeing the bad reviews for EMP not being Executive Man. It's an entirely different scent...read the description! (If you want EM only, buy more EM) I hope that EMP comes out in a full line.

19. Linuxguile

SOTD March 8th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Blackland Blackbird
    Wizamet Iridium Super (4)
    WCS Pro '49 (27mm, Destroyer Class)
    Stirling Executive Man soap
    TSD M-Bomb (Menthol Additive, 3 Drops)
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB
    Fine Platinum AS

20. Paul Turner

By the way, fellas....I had to be careful while writing my Sandpiper Shavesoap review to say Stirling, not Stoylin. :)