*DONE* 2019 Support TSD Raffle - Spring Edition

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Queen of Blades, Feb 28, 2019.

1. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I'm in with four tickets. Thanks!

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :signs011:

Trigger, RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

A restored brush with a 22mm synthetic horse.

IMG_1345.JPG
    I think it's a Peerless

Shipping is CONUS

:eatdrink013:

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

A couple honing stones, together as one prize; a Crown and a Carborundum # 106. The Crown looks like it could use resurfacing, though the Carborundum looks unused and great piece of history. Sorry, but I know very little about stones. Shipping is CONUS.

IMG_1347.JPG

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  5. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I’m in for three tickets.

6. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

As of a March 5 paypal transaction, I'm in for 2 tickets.

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

A prize donation ... a restored Rubberset 89 with a 20mm tuxedo knot

IMG_1344.JPG
    Not perfect but weighted nicely. CONUS only.

8. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

I see quite a lot of posts saying " Conus" only... This obviously rules out European members, personally I would not want to pif to someone who rules me out of his conus pif....if you see what I mean.
    Is there a "fix" for this or must UK members put a ruling on who they will post too, if there were 10 conus only raffle prizes then that would imo be a unfair situation given that all UK members most likely will have to post to USA...or should there be a UK/Euro raffle only with the proceeds still going to TSD...thoughts ??

Trigger, Keithmax and RyX like this.
  9. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I will send to anyone, just not aftershave. Of course, I will use the cheapest way possible and it may take a while. If anyone here has ever mailed anything to Alaska, it costs almost as much to mail something to...let's say Scotland...hehe. Maybe the prize list could be updated to say CONUS only next to the ones where people have stated such, at least that way if one of our international friends were to win, they would know who they could pick from. Just an idea.

As an edit, going back and looking, most of the CONUS are for aftershave, but not all.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Trigger, Keithmax, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  10. CrustyCat

I think I will get 3 more tickets.

Trigger and Queen of Blades like this.
  11. CrustyCat

I would like to add a couple more items to the raffle. A gold tech in box and a ball end old type in box.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I ship anywhere that I am able to. Unfortunately I cannot ship anything alcohol based (i.e.. many aftershaves) internationally. If you win a prize that I donate that has shipping restrictions you will end up with a substitute prize.
    The last time I had that happen I contacted the recipient and listed some hardware choices and we decided on a razor as a substitute prize.

Trigger, CrustyCat, brit and 6 others like this.
  13. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Five tickets
    Please and thank you

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

If any international members want to choose one of Keith's @Enrico items I will cover the difference in shipping.

Trigger, CrustyCat, brit and 10 others like this.
  15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    At this time, I'm closing the prize list at 25 prizes. I have one spot open, but I am waiting to hear back from someone.

Trigger, CrustyCat and Frijolero like this.
  16. Robert1955

I understand the aftershave/alcohol thing, it is the same here, whilst on the subject, I may need to withdraw my donation because Royal Mail are strict on posting knives, I will look into it tomorrow.

EDIT:
    It seems knives are indeed on the banned item list, rather than leave it too late I will withdraw the knives from the raffle ( if admin can do that for me please) and replace them with my alternative prize which is a $25 gift card for Stirling soaps, this is a electronic setup and I have the email at hand, all I will do is forward the gift card number which you put in at the payment page. I hope this is ok and does not dissapoint anyone.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thank you for your generosity @Linuxguile. :)

I really feel bad to post prizes as CONUS, but want to give back to TSD in the raffle with out receiving a prize. In future raffles I may just make a monetary donation and refrain from causing (unintended) hurt feelings. :sad029:

Trigger, CrustyCat, brit and 5 others like this.
  18. Robert1955

19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I will ship my Gillette Tech anywhere, but the Razor stand/AS must be CONUS.

Trigger, Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

A suggested "fix" - a CONUS Shipping Buddy. While alcohol based products are not allowed, other items might be shipped to an intermediary address, then international shipping can be arranged by the in-betweener and the prize winner. It's a good time to toss in other CONUS products, or arrange an International Swap between the Buddy and Recipient.

Andrew - you just might be someones CONUS Shipping Buddy?

Trigger, brit, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.