The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. brit

brit in a box

just arrived ,awesome scent.. 20190308_204251.jpg

2. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Awesome picture! Sure wish that I had that beautiful machine but you reminding me of the great scent of DBS cheers me right up!

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 5 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Yet more love for Deep Blue Sea. I'm going to get a set eventually but I need to continue to purge my den first.

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 6 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For part of next week I'll have the Spice out(both A.S and soap). I was a little upset the last time I used it-the burn got to me more that I thought it would. I'll need to be a little more conservative with it next time. I say "it"-couldn't tell if it was the soap, A.S., or both.

5. Paul Turner

As a teacher, I hope you join me in frowning whenever a reviewer says their product has a great "sent". (I'm not a teacher, but my parents were).

6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I read your review Paul, however I'm a little bummed out you didn't use my suggestion.

I must say though, your eloquence waxed greatly!

:cool:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  7. Paul Turner

Well, I would like to think I DID, but in using different langwidge. Thanks for the offering though, I see we both think it's a great one. :).

8. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Razor: Colonial Razor The General
    Handle: ATT Kronos
    Blade: Feather Pro
    Brush Handle: B-400 The Brush by Tom
    Knot: APShaveCo Tuxedo
    Soap: Stirling Barbershop
    Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop

Wonderful shave this morning. I switched to the Feather Pro blade from the Super and it just works in this razor. It was smoother than the Super and I had zero alum burn at the end of the shave. The Stirling products preformed flawlessly and I love this scent. This was the first soap and aftershave set I ever purchased and it's still a favorite. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

9. brit

brit in a box

stirling deep blue sea...awesome .. 20190310_105739.jpg

10. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me, when to expect the Spring Time release, from Sterling of the Glacial and other Warm Weather related product?

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 5 others like this.
  11. PLAla

Not sure of the date, but you can still get some of the Glacial products at other vendors. Maggards Razors has quite a lot of Stirling. There are other vendors that carry Rod's products. I try to order from Stirling directly when I can but I have bought a few items from Maggards when Rod was sold out on his website.

12. johnnyflake

Thank You!

13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

It past years it has been mid to late March. Should be coming up soon.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 6 others like this.
  14. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I have the EMP and its great! I'm also working through a sample set of Hipster and love it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ezlovan, bmw45MO, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  15. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

This scent is so nice. Van Yulay dress blues is also this scent.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

16. Paul Turner

Fortunately, I haven't yet had to grapple with the problem of wanting a product and seeing it sold out on the site.

17. bmw45MO

bmw45MO Member

I am wearing the EMP today, it is EXCELLENT!!! I love Executive Man, but this is it's own scent, and love it!! I received a compliment on it also, so it must smell pretty decent, haha.

18. Paul Turner

As I wrote in an earlier post, the last time I used Spice A.S., I had a bit of a "reaction". Easy does it for me as I will use it tomorrow and Wed.

19. johnnyflake

I need to ask this, because in all honesty, I don't know. I have ideas but I am unsure. Can someone, take the time, to explain what the real differences and uses are of, let's say, a Stirling Aftershave, a Balm and a Witch Hazel Splash.

20. PLAla

That's a good question. I use witch hazel after I've done the final rinse and then towel dried my face. The witch hazel is an astringent helping to clean up your newly shorn skin. I use drug store witch hazel that's inexpensive. Then, the aftershave contains other ingredients like alcohol, glycerin, aloe, and scent. Therefore the aftershave is also an astringent in a way but then adds some face food goodies that help the skin bounce back from the shaving. Balm is more like lotion and can help soothe the skin beyond what the aftershave does.

Most wet shavers probably don't use all three of these - witch hazel, aftershave, and balm - but there's nothing wrong with that. Do whatever you enjoy and what works well for your skin.

I tend to use balm in the colder months. My face will feel a little greasy if I use balm a lot.

My routine is the final rinse, towel dry, apply witch hazel and let it dry for 30 seconds or so, then apply aftershave splash. That generally works just fine but if my skin is dry (like in the winter) then I'll apply a little balm to help with the dryness.

Stirling balms are magnificent. A tiny bit goes a long way. Stirling's aftershaves are wonderful as well. I have not tried his witch hazel but I'm sure it's fantastic.