SOS: March 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Other Donald

The Other Donald Well-Known Member

14 March, 2019

0.jpg

Personna Floating Head Injector Razor
    Schick Injector II, twin blade (Japanese)
    Sapone Di Paolo Agrume Soap
    Semogue S. O. C. Boar Brush
    Alt Innsbruck After Shave Splash
    Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm

My first shave with this razor, and a very good shave it was.
    I bought it from one of the members, who was kind enough to part with it.
    I am thankful. I hope he has no regrets.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here it is for Friday(3-15):

prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(Max. Moisture)in shower
    shave-Razorock Lime Burst Soap
    brush-Stoylin "li'l brudder"
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot + DisposeABLE
    A.S. Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin.

A day for something on the "cool" side, as it may go over 60. That oughta melt off some of the snow.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 15, 2019
    Supply Co SE – 2 dot plate
    Schick Proline
    Elite “Tres Amigos” Beehive with Envy White
    Oleo Shiloh Shave Soap
    And Aftershave

[​IMG]

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Tonights shave was with an American made razor, with Swedish Steel, and freshly honed. This was a NOS razor, that needed a proper hone. I had a beautiful 2 pass shave, that left me feeling smooth as a Dolphins Butt. Very nice shaving little razor. I enjoy the look of the Case Hardened look, of the Tang and Tail.

Razor- Andrew's, Swedish Steel. Andrews Barber School, Toledo Ohio. and Buffalo NY.
    Brush- Omega 10098 Boar.
    Soap- Arko Stick
    Aftershave- Florida Waster. Wow, I forgot to add the glycerin, on this new bottle. . This stuff is like a straight alcohol splash, without it. Woke me up.

P3130838.JPG

5. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

You're going to have to change you profile pic, now. Looking good!

A Perfect Circle...brings back some 90s memories.

clint64, McGrande and Droo78 like this.
  6. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Paradigm :: Simfix :: Noble Otter

7. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

15 March 2019

* Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB + Stork Ex Brass
    * Wizamet Iridium Super
    * WSP 2-Band + Oscar11 Aquamarine C7

* Mystic Water Lime
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

8. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Mail call action with two blingers from Blackland, first up, the Vector P
    Blackland Vector P / Kai - Captain Titan ProTouch MG SE / WW Tmesis / Chiseled Face Zoologist Nightingale
    [​IMG]
    Now onto the razor, not my first rodeo with AC blades, landed on this blade as best with the ATT SE2 and SE1. First off, form factor and balance are excellent. Tolerances are TIGHT, almost needlessly so as loading and unloading blades takes a bit a patience and care, but I suspect as the blade posts see more use this will become a non-issue, until then I'd be inclined to load a morning blade the evening before and not risk pre-espresso clumsiness. Also in loading the flat threaded post into the handle during assembly care is warranted as it doesn't seem too hard to cross thread it. Now onto the real deal, how's is shave? I'd read once the vector was the razor that tamed the AC blades, and it easily is the best handling AC razor I've used. I suspect it will be less blade selective than the ATT SE but that's pure speculation at this stage; two pass, nick-free, burn free BBS shave, and it handles delightfully with great balance and the small head/cap profile, may well be once of the easiest blades I've used in the under nostril area. Winner! Sabre P is next to test.

9. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Niiiiice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

clint64 likes this.
  10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice mail call! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64, Number six and Nicked like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

thursday night shave..
    1945 #88 thin handle rfb set, spoiler on 8th, rr chrome silvertip synth..
    rr xxx duro soap and splash.. 20190314_184747.jpg

12. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Date: 15 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
    Brush:- Semogue SOC in Ash Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
    Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #5
    Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
    Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

16 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

13. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Friday SOTD
    [​IMG]
    Schick C3 repeating razor
    Maseto 2 band brush
    B&M Hallows shaving soap
    Crown Shaving Co. aftershave
    Mail call shave. Received the NIB Maseto brush and Hallows soap in two seperate deals, which showed up today.

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Madness!!

March 14

Razor - Luxor Pro Shavette
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Soap Commander Courage
    Brush - Omega 10060
    Post - Alum

Time to test a theory. Given the way the Zorrik didn't treat me all that well, Charlie @wristwatchb questioned how it would do in a shavette. Reasonable question, given that the commonly held wisdom is that nearly any blade works just fine in a shavette, even if it doesn't do so well in a DE. I'm not sure I'd think the Tiger would do well (and I have no plan to prove that theory at the moment - I DO have standards) but maybe, just perhaps, the Zorrik will follow the pattern. So, here we go. I did start with a fresh blade and chose the Luxor Pro for the first shave. As I have three shavettes I'll use one each night of this test. The Luxor is a very nice shaver and offers the added benefit of having the corners hidden on the blade. I like it a lot.

I chose Soap Commander Courage to make sure the slickness was right the Omega boar. My first moment of "wow" was the load on the brush. I use synthetics a lot, normally, when it's not March Madness. I know that boars take longer to load and lather than synthetics. Well, apparently not with Soap Commander. I know I've talked about the quality of this soap as have others, but this is the brush after only about 20 seconds of lathering. I counted the seconds just to keep myself entertained, and at 20 seconds - this is what I had.

[​IMG]

I didn't add anything more to the brush and the entire three pass shave was done with more than enough lather left over to do at least 2 more passes. See what I mean? Why in the world don't I have more of this stuff? Well, anyway.

Lather was magnificent and slick and cushy and the first pass was underway. Smooth is the word. Now, the Zorrik wasn't horrible on the first pass in the DE so I was expecting this first shave to go well. First pass was uneventful, second pass the same, third the same and a nice DFS was the result. Not uncomfortable at all, but I can say that I sense this blade is definitely not one of the sharpest in my stash. That may explain its lack of performance in the DE. "Not sharp" blade (as opposed to "dull" which is an entirely different problem) in a mild razor often leaves little if any room to adjust the gap to get an efficient cut. With a shavette you have the full 180 degrees to rotate around until you find a suitable feel and result. What will be interesting is to see how it feels tomorrow. If it holds its sharpness from day to day, or at least reasonably so, then the feel and result shouldn't change much. If it dulls too fast, well THERE'S your problem. It will be fun to see.

Happy Friday Eve to everyone! Hope the upcoming weekend is a good one for you.

[​IMG]

15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Nostalgia creeps up without warning, Matt!

clint64 and PLAla like this.
  16. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Razor: Pomco Diagonal
    Blade: Gillette Nacet
    Brush: Envy Shave Luxury Silvertip in a WD Goblet
    Soap: Beaver Woodwright Thomas Tew
    A/S: Stirling Mountain Man
    001EB00A-E3C8-4548-8750-129732ED66A4.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

First time out with the new Dovo 'en vogue'. I was attracted to this razor for; stainless steel, micarta scales, reputation for edge duration, weight, and overall appearance.

I was made even more enthusiastic by comments from some of the straight fans here.

So here we go....

Shower, small dab of Proraso menthol pre-shave, 20/40 strop - linen/leather, Stirling boar,Stirling Blu SS, alum, rinse, dab of Proraso Menthol A/S balm, Stirling Blu A/S, 20/40 on the strop before storage.

First thing I noticed was the heft of this razor seems to make stropping easier. It is the only razor I have, that I don't feel like it could fly right out of my fingers. Nice.

Much quieter on the strop and shaving than anything but my half hollow. (note: half is my thickest)

Did my normal 3 pass above the jaw, and 4 pass below. The razor felt very sure in my hand andvery smooth. Like I said above,relatively quiet. Jarrod's reputation for honing is rock solid.

I can't say I've ever gotten a 'better' straight shave. It felt wonderful. So much so, that I think I was enjoying so much that I must have been careless with the 'splash-on'.

[​IMG]

One of the fellows at workcommented that I smelled like a female employee of a French House of ill-repute. My first response was to say something about my aftershave. In retrospect, I should have inquired how he knew what these people smell like.

You Dark Sliders don't think Darth Vader.........? Nah fuggettaboutit!
    :scared003:
    But, I bet he's wearing that helmet/mask/breathing getup because he's got that Stirling Blu thing going on underneath. Yeah man. Great shave.
    :kar:

Be well!
    :cool:

18. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

What is the Vergulde shaving soap like?

19. Tim Spencer

That bottle is cool. What's this Psychedelique fragrance like?

20. Tim Spencer

Oooo. I forgot about my Burley OS lately. I will have to schedule it in within the Spring stretch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.