March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    On my "to-do" list.

2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thanks, Terry!

3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're right on the money, literally and figuratively. I'm reminded of the Assured brand DE sold at Dollar Tree and how it is not as good as the Pacific brand one they had previously. Similarly, my local One Dollar Zone! went from a cheap-but-serviceable Ling Jili clone of the Tech to an even cheaper but still serviceable Curley brand Tech clone to a Curley brand razor which is made with metal which must have been harvested from used food tins.

4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Friday Shave

This tub of Crowne and Crane is frustrating me, I loaded it like it owes me money and is 30 days overdue and avoiding my calls. So today I attacked it with the Simpson Chubby 2, alas still the doughnut of death has yet to appear. The edge is wickedly sharp on the JWest razor and bad set down gave me a small cut so I downgraded the irritation score from A+ to A-, otherwise no irritation.

Irritation A- Closeness A Smoothness A+ Sharpness A+

Razor: Nichiri 6/8 hollow grind
    Strop: Roo
    Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best
    Pre:
    Soap: Crowne and Crane
    AS: Lucky Tiger AS, Speick ASB
    Scent: Le Labo Santal 33

IMG_6265.jpg

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Nice picture, Robert! I enjoy that scent as well.

6. Frijolero

I'm getting pretty close. Really just down to the lower neck.

7. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice razor, the "small' cut doesn't make it a less than great shave. It just messes with the ego.
    Great shave
    tp

8. Frijolero

Thank you, Jim!

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.png

10. brit

brit in a box

hello again fello shavers, thursday night shave.. had a quickie shave this morning as i feel asleep early last night. so i loaded the spoiler for the 8th time in the 1945 #88 thin handle rfb, lathered up the rr chrome silvertip synth brush with rr xxx duro base soap, got a lovely captains bowlful of great lather and did a single pass with pickups..nice dfs+, no drama..now back on schedule for my evening shaves..finished with rr xxx a/s.. fantastic stuff. have a great evening everyone..gary 20190314_184747.jpg

11. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Continuing with the Parker Focus

Parker SRX
    Feather
    JR 216
    GD Before The Fire
    Fine Santal Absolut

I’ll have to get caught back up later...

Day 68 with the Parker. A relaxing and very enjoyable shave. The Parker has been such a fun razor to use, that I can’t seem to bring myself to pick up a DE (or SE) right now.

After seeing Randy’s @BaylorGator post yesterday, the Grooming Dept. soap was broken out for a spin this morning. Such a delightful soap base. I evidently loaded a bit heavier than I thought, which gave me enough lather for 9.3 passes. I also think it’s the thirstiest soap I have. While the lather might be able to be broken, you’d really have to be trying to do so. It seems the more water you throw at it, the more lather it makes. It just keeps getting slicker and better. What about that post shave feel? Delightful? Yes. Yes it is. The splash of Fine was just the cherry on top.

[​IMG]
    Have a fantastic evening gents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger, Paul76, clint64 and 17 others like this.
  12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shaves and photos, Gary and Bruce!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice catch up Gary.
    Way to go!
    tp

14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Great Parker Focus Bruce.
    tp

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

John, I always enjoy seeing your FB with the Delta Echo spa treatment. As you know, I enjoy using the same soap for multiple days. The puck does, indeed, reach a point of maximum sousing.
    Beautiful shave, Randy!
    Great shave, Neal! If I was lookin' for a slant, the RazoRock Wunderbar would be at the top of the list. It's a nice looking razor that appears to shave as good or better than it looks.
    Nice shave with that one-sided thingy. Looks like you're about out of Ty-D-Bol. ;)
    Great shave! I've considered a Fatip Piccolo for some time but haven't picked one up yet. I'm glad you decided to join us on the 30 Day Crew.
    Nice shave with the Cobra Classic. Sometimes a change in pace feels good. Hope you feel better soon, Keith.
    Beautiful shave, as usual, Danny. I hope things settle down for you at work soon.
    Congrats on finishing the Cahaba Blues, Perry. Gonna miss seeing that container in your SOTD posts.
    You're pickin' 'em up and puttin' 'em down with the straights, Joe. :happy088:
    Classy shave and a snow day to boot. I hope the weather settles down for you, Jim.
    Great set up and shave, Jim. Looks like you are taming the Starling.
    Classy shave, Clint. I'm glad the PT is going well for you, and I hope Maya continues to feel better.

16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Charlie!

17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Keith!

18. brit

brit in a box

thank you Terry..

19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Late report but a great shave with my pre war tech, if I remember correctly.
    Decided to go to the tech because I haven't used it much. A new feather blade and another almost perfect shave. Tired and ready for some shut eye so if a picture is worth 1000 words, here is the rest of the report.
    20190314_221944.jpg
    Nite....
    enjoy
    tp

Trigger, Paul76, clint64 and 16 others like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

very cool, nice shave and pic sir..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.