March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

So far we’ve got you, me and Neal. What could possibly go wrong? Which way to the cliff!

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I’ve had a very busy morning this morning. Some great shaves and photos Gentlemen. If I’ve missed someone I apologize. I’ll try to post my shave report and photo later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Clint. Hopefully things slow down for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

4AEAD2C3-37CD-48FD-9D76-69E8542E374D.jpeg No shave on 3/14...900 miles of last minute driving with 5 hours sleep (halfway) will do that. A good 8 hours last night so all is back to normal.

3/15

Neutrogena Men's Face Scrub
    Proraso PreShave
    TOBS Sandalwood SC
    Semogue Cherry OC Boar
    Personna Lab Blue (2)
    Blackland Dart
    Proraso AS

2nd shave with the Dart. Went back my Proraso and TOBS combo that is a predictable favorite of mine. The Dart shipped with 5 Personna Lab Blue blades, and didn't get those in the blade sampler packs I had purchased, so will use them for awhile. A little research shows they are supposed to be similar to the Feather blades (which I like in every razor I have). The angle to 'ride the cap' on the Dart is definitely narrower than the two Gillettes. Very slow, short and deliberate 'brushing' strokes and a DFS was achieved. The weight of this setup requires constant attention until muscle memory kicks in, as it's blade exposure is more than I've used before. Too much pressure, and the Dart will probably gather a layer of skin. Only one slight weeper, didn't have to use anything more than the AS. Really liking the purchase.

5. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Congrats on the great shave! As for your colleague at work, there are a dozen good lines that come to mind...you were very charitable.
    :shocked003:
    Well, at least you know now, John, that there is no need to go back.
    As for why Schick moved on to making electric razors? Easy. $.
    Volume, my friend, volume.:happy036:
    Another great colour match, Jim. I've noticed that you seem to always use the matching soap/as combo. Do you ever switch it up at all? Say your B&M Bay Rum followed by your PAA Bay Rum? Or do you make it mandatory to match exactly?
    Sounds like a great way to start a Friday, Perry. That Repeater looks to be in fantastic shape as well.
    Yes, after the week you have had, I'm sure the weekend will be welcomed, Jim! Here's to hoping you don't get another late night phone call! I have a job like that- the phone rings at 3am, I have to answer it, and it most definitely isn't good news.
    Nice pic, Terry. Are you saying that you used a fresh Feather for one pass only? Do you change blades every day as a rule?
    Very good pic and review, Ben!
    Yes, I had the Blackbeard in the Rustic Formula in a large sample tin from Randy. It was just Meh for scent for me. Like you, I am also trying to keep a certain number of soaps and splashes. One in, one out sort of thing. I'm hoping for 20, I don't have the self control to get it down to 12 like you. Razors are right on 20 after moving a few out, and the soaps and splashes are pretty close.

Trigger, wristwatchb, RyX and 11 others like this.
  6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great picture and report, Blair!

Trigger, RyX, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  7. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

Thank you, Douglas.

Trigger, Norcalnewb, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jason.
    The matched sets stay matched sets. I have aftershaves that I don't have matching soaps and vice versa. Those will get mixed around with one another.

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Clint!

Thank you, Jason! That B1 is courtesy of my personal shopper, @Linuxguile! His Andrew's Shave Shop hunts stuff down for me and then sells it at incredible prices.

Trigger, wristwatchb, RyX and 6 others like this.
  10. PLAla

Nice shave and photo, Blair!

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. Today was one of the first tax deadlines so it has been hectic. I’m looking forward to taking it down a notch over the weekend.

12. PLAla

The theater department at our school is running the show Almost, Maine this weekend. They're doing a preview for the student body this afternoon. The students have to buy tickets and they get out of about 90 minutes of class, so it usually sells out. I'm going to go and see it as well. That will be a nice change of pace from the usual routine.

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:transport015: I will be there.

Trigger, wristwatchb, RyX and 8 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Where are you moving to,, Perry?

Trigger, Frijolero, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  15. BaylorGator

I’m at the point where it needs to fit in my closet. Once I dispense with the Shavey prizes, I’ve got a few soaps to reduce before I get there...

16. Paul Turner

When you get around to me, I'm still here (chuk yuk). :)

17. BaylorGator

Awesome! Anybody picking a hotel or an area of town where I can pick a hotel and cash out some points?

18. Paul Turner

There's a cat sleeping in one of my closets. (I'd say it's her new "apartment within the apartment".)

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo and shave Blair.

Trigger, PLAla, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Have fun this afternoon Perry.

Trigger, PLAla, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.