Pal Adjustable Razor Fix

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jimjo1031, Mar 16, 2019.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Just wondering if anyone has heard of how to fix a Pal Adjustable if it isn't adjusting?

Billyfergie likes this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Is it possible that it’s just gunked up a bit or do you think the mechanism is broken?

Billyfergie likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The dial freewheels?

Billyfergie likes this.
  4. jimjo1031

seller says dial doesn't engage, probably so

Billyfergie likes this.
  5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Best Advice I Can Offer is STAY AWAY from a Dodgy PAL Adjustable...Side Step it..:happy097:

Billy..:chores016:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. jimjo1031

I know, but it's less than $10.00, shipped.

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

But...how much is a usable one ?

8. jimjo1031

He said it's usable, just not adjusting. Been a while, but I've seen them for $25 and up

9. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

It sounds a good buy if you think you can fix it, I know very little of the internal workings of razors...so I would stay clear, I would rather pay the extra for a fully working item than maybe end up with a expensive fishing weight... Can you have a go at fixing it ??...then go for it. :-P

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If it's stuck on a moderate setting, probably worth it. If it's stuck on high, you'd best enjoy aggressive shaves!

Could be worth a roll of the dice. The bad ones I had with the misaligned heads (badly machined) were impossible to fix, the blade was exposed crooked and would tear you up no matter what, but this one likely doesn't have that issue. However, I don't recall the inner workings under the dial being accessible, I think it's all riveted closed. Would be impossible to get to...I think.

Robert1955 likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Found it...the pics show some dings on the underside of the head where nothing would normally touch. Looks like someone has already tried monkeying with it or banging it on something to get it working. Because of that, I'd pass.

brit, Billyfergie and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. jimjo1031

Yeah saw that also.

Hembree and Billyfergie like this.
  13. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

It's not fixable. The adjustment mechanism on the Pal's isn't as durable as the one on the Schick's. I had one break on my first Pal Adjustable that I bought seven years ago.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Hembree likes this.