March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

hello fello shavers, i see everyone is up to no good as usual..awesome..thursday night shave, Kevin @CrustyCat was kind enough to send me the new gillette pure cream as i haven't seen it here ,and @John Ruschmeyer sent me a straight baseplate for my pretty but unusable u .s prewar tech..loaded the spoiler for the 11th run, rr 400 did the job on the pure and got a fantastic captains bowlful of great lather, very mild scent and slick..nice stuff.. the prewar /spoiler gave me a nice 3 pass dfs+, no drama. a gillette shave..some tweaked thayers to finish..good times. have a nice evening everyone.. 20190321_195123.jpg

Paul76, Trigger, PatrickA51 and 18 others like this.
  2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Madness!!

March 21
    Razor - 1959 (E4) Gillette Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush - Wolf Whiskers Custom Silvertip
    Post - Alum

Back on track with Mild March Madness. I had one shave left on the Treet Platinum and Super Speed, so I grabbed the Mitchell's and my Wolf Whiskers and made an awesome lather and went after it. Needless to say, no issues, problems, blood, or any other problem. I finished with a very nice DFS after two passes and a little touch up and the alum was quiet. Very nice finish to the day. I'll have to figure out another mild razor for tomorrow but I have several I still haven't used to choose from.

Ten days left in March and you guys have made this another rock and roll month around here. We are already WAY past our busiest March total and steaming full speed ahead to a fantastic finish. Thanks again for all your support and participation. I know this beast is hard to keep up with but you all do a great job! With ten days left - get your Arko on order if you want to play along with Arko (Adjustable) April! (Or just ask around here - I'm betting some of us have enough Arko in stock to PIF the whole board!) Obviously it's another chance to pull out those adjustables as well so it should be a great month. Have a fantastic Friday!

March 21 2019.jpg

Paul76, Trigger, PatrickA51 and 16 others like this.
  3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thanks, Andrew!

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

On pace for 8000+ posts. We've been on this pace before but never sustained it for the entire month.

Trigger, PatrickA51, RyX and 9 others like this.
  5. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Thursday morning March 21 - Rule shave #11

Delta Echo refurbished Gillette Fatboy on 4 / Rapira Swedish Supersteel (1)
    Simpsons CH2 Chubby Synthetic Bristles brush
    MWF/Kent in beechwood tub
    Alum and Polar Ice Booster splash

The Rapira Swedish Supersteel on shave 1 was definitely sharper than last day's on shave 3. Other than that, nothing to report except a good shave.

Tomorrow, for a change, I will do Fat Friday, using .... the same gear.

Paul76, Trigger, PatrickA51 and 14 others like this.
  6. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip!

Thank you, Clint!

Thanks, Jim!

Thanks, Joseph! I love it too - @Screwtape sent me a real corker! It's still got the original cardboard box and stropping blades! I'm assuming NOS (John also seems to think so).

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I don't know about "taste", Joe. We all have different and what's more important is that we all enjoy, what used to be drudgery...our daily shaves!

Paul76, PatrickA51, RyX and 12 others like this.
  8. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

Thanks, Terry!

PatrickA51, Linuxguile, brit and 6 others like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Robert!

10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Nice picture, Gary!

11. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Been up since after 2 this morning.
    Grandson not well.
    Doc says its the stuff wearing off.
    So....
    Did shave during down time.
    Used two razors each with a new Feather blade. First pass was wonderful, what I expected.
    Second pass was ok too. I was able to use a light touch and still get a good response from the razor both passes. The alum was not completly silent, but better than yesterday. I probably have the smoothest shave to date. No issues, no blood, weepers, redness or anything other than the alum. The head shave was fine with no issues, used each razor for each pass, the alum was plesant and quiet up there.
    Not convinced that this will work, but it did seem better. I will try it for a week and see.

20190322_064718.jpg
    To all
    enjoy
    tp

Are my whiskers so tough and skin so tender it requries this?????
    I hope not...
    tp

Paul76, Trigger, PatrickA51 and 16 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very cool watch Keith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I'm sorry your grandson isn't doing well, Terry. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the report. Looks that two blades per shave helped.
    I'm off to buy stock in Feather. :)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD March 22, 2019

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick G4 '66' injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Easy shave with the Fat Friday software setup and Omega boar. Schick 66 injector today with great results. Wonderful way to start a Friday.

I cleaned up a Fatboy that was in a pile of shaving goodies that I got from my great uncle. That's where several other items came from, including the Surrey badger brush that I use and the Trac II handle. I thought about using the Fatboy today and if it went well then making that a permanent Friday addition to add more weight to the Fat Friday theme. But I chose the 66 instead. Perhaps soon I'll try the Fatboy. I only have some Personna blues and a couple of other random DE blades, but that's okay.

Our realtor took photos yesterday afternoon and brought us a bottle of champagne to celebrate putting our house on the market. It will go live sometime this weekend. Busy times! We leave Sunday late afternoon to travel to the land of Mickey. We still haven't told Wilson we are going. He will be crazy excited when he finds out.

Okay, too much jabbering. Have a great day everyone!

SOTD 3-22-19.jpg

15. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

True. Also, the sliding covers are not interchangeable with the different models.

16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Sorry to hear about your grandson not feeling well. Nice setup and photo. So you're going to use two razors for the next week?

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Fat Friday!
    Terrific picture and shave, Perry! Good luck on the sale of your home and safe travels to the happiest place on earth. I'm excited for Wilson!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Jim.
    Looks like a long day again, of he getts better in a little while, don't have to drive him back. But if he gotsta go, we hit the road.

Craziest thing about the shave.
    Two blades?? The more I shave the sharper blades work better. Have you ever heard anything like that. I am gonna use a red tip or a fatboy on 9 next. See if it makes a difference.
    2 blades???
    Even I am struck about that.
    tp

Paul76, Trigger, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Terry, I hope your grandson feels better soon, and I hope you all get better rest tonight. Congrats on your best shave to date. I'll follow your two-blade shave experiment with interest.

20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks
    Well Perry if I have two. If not I'll just change blades.
    tp

Trigger, Linuxguile, brit and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.