March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I do it more times than just about anyone I know. I never like to be the grammar cop, or I would open myself to the same.

2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Madness!!

March 22
    Razor - Gillette NEW LC
    Blade - super-max-blue-diamond2.jpg (1)
    Soap - Tabac
    Brush - Omega 10066
    Post - Alum

Next up on our Mild March Madness tour of mild razors - the Gillette NEW LC. I consider this a mild razor in spite of its open comb. I've never had any issues with this razor producing irritation or feeling like it's anything but smooth and a great shave. I own two of these and usually use the Delta Echo version I won in a raffle here. However, I went to my box o' goodies and pulled out the original one I bought in its natural finish. They shave identically, but the Delta Echo just looks a bit cooler in its modern finish.

Tabac for the lather with the Omega boar. Easy thick and slick lather and three passes went like clockwork with the Supermax Blue Diamond blade. This blade features titanium coating. What's the difference, you ask? What's the advantage of titanium over platinum, or chrome, or PTFE? Nothing that I can tell to be honest. Nice marketing trick, though. Titanium is supposed to last longer, I suppose, but since I'm a three and out blade guy it won't matter to me. Smooth shave, though, and the blade performed very well indeed.

SLU is playing Virginia Tech at the moment. Well, they're both on the court anyway. Can't say that SLU is much of a threat at this point. They made the tourney by winning the A-10 Conference tournament that they weren't supposed to win. Just getting a first round NCAA game is plenty of reward for that. Have a great Saturday! I'm off until next Thursday so looking forward to some down time from the "day job" and doing a few fun things.

March 22 2019.jpg

3. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Originally I only passed the razor over skin with lather and didn't make those 2nd, 3rd, 4th swipes like you see folks on videos do. I found it irritating and preferred to add fully lathered passes.

Then I saw one of these expert fellas boasting how he gets his shave done in 2 passes. But, he doesn't count all that scrubbing and double swiping. Sounded like he was talking down to people who don't do it his way. I also found that irritating.

I did find that with a straight I could make that 2nd full stroke without irritation, but I probably would not call it buffing as exemplified by mantic59.

4. brit

brit in a box

have seen that too, 3 pass with lots of passes over the same spot with no lather.. good slickness is the comment .blah ,i do combination passes with buffing. i don't count. just get a great shave ...

Hembree, Paul76, Trigger and 11 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir..

6. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I'm lucky I think. The one that I have, I don't think anything is broken, torn, etc.

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to the 30 Day Crew @sm1h! If I missed you sharing your first name, I'll be watching should you share it again. You got here just in time for the theme for next month - Adjustable April. What setting do you use on your Slim? Where ever you are we'll have you up on Number Nine soon. In case you haven't noticed this group goes full throttle. If someone shares something that makes no sense it's probably an ongoing conversation or an inside joke. Ask questions! Collectively we are friendly bunch with a couple wingnuts thrown in to keep it interesting. Just so you know - you can't hijack this thread. Except for Politics there isn't much we don't talk about. Sometimes we beat around the bush with a three meter pole.
    The fun part is picking those guys out of the crowd!

Thanks Joe! I did see your post about trying to catch up. I've been doing a home repair project here and keep finding myself getting behind, too.

Hembree, NCoxSTL, Paul76 and 14 others like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

TGIF!

Welcome!

9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Saturday Shave

Just the facts, epic....

Irritation A+ Closeness A+ Smoothness A+ Sharpness A+

Razor: Koraat 14 2.0
    Strop: Tony Miller
    Brush: Elite Razor Manchurian
    Pre: Proraso
    Soap: Crowne and Crane
    AS: Spieck AS, L’Occitane ASB
    Scent: Tauer L’Air du Desert Marocain

ID - 1.jpg

Paul76, Hembree, NCoxSTL and 14 others like this.
  10. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Clint, I hear you howling with the Wolfman! You have some set of lungs! Lol! Great shave and review!

11. Trigger

Douglas, excellent shave, report and pic! You go to the head of the class!

12. Trigger

Joseph, somehow I see you singing,"I am the Barber of Seville..." while your stropping. Great post!

Hembree, RyX, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  13. Trigger

Nice!

14. Trigger

Jason, your posts and shaves are always great!

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

@clint64 is just happy (howling) because he doesn't have to work today. Apparently, he cooked two days worth of books yesterday. :D

Paul76, Hembree, RyX and 10 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Robert, it's an honest review. Some soaps work well and others don't because the person's chemistry doesn't jive with it. It's the same thing with colognes.

Hembree, Keithmax, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm eagerly awaiting @Primotenore's 100th straight shave...
    1.png

Hembree, NCoxSTL, RyX and 11 others like this.
  18. Trigger

James, great gear and shave!

19. Trigger

Paul, nice shave, but I would add 10 to your number as far as the billboard is concerned.

20. Trigger

Terry, one pass+more time = efficient shave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.