Nivea Deep

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Badgerstate, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I dont know if anyone else has noticed or not but Nivea has a new line of products out called, "Deep". They claim it contains activated charcoal and has a vanilla bourbon scent.
    They claim that the charcoal removes excess dirt and oil from your beard. They have a line of face wash, shave gel and aftershave.
    Ive used the shave gel and aftershave and their nice. The aftershave is kind of weird in that they say its a lotion but its really a splash. Its not a balm like the Sensitive line is.
    I like it. Its got a nice, masculine scent and the black packaging has a carbon fiber look to it which is kind of cool.

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I picked up the aftershave at Target for less than $4 last month. Pretty nice drug store splash.

DentonMajik, Frijolero and BigD like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

i have aftershave splash . nice stuff.. 20190323_161418.jpg

4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Already picked it up in the Dubai airport. Both the cream and the aftershave. I've PIFed the cream, but I am liking the aftershave.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting that's for sure

6. brit

brit in a box

cheap , worth a try , nice old school scent, not like the other nivea euro cologne scent..

DentonMajik and Frijolero like this.
  7. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Never smelled the other nivea euro cologne scent.
    It's available at Target, right?

8. brit

brit in a box

Perry posted he got his there. no more target stores here..am sure it will show up where ever nivea products are sold..

BigD and Frijolero like this.
  9. Badgerstate

Are you talking about the Senstitive or the Cooling? Ive tried both and find they dont have much of a scent. Theyre a great, basic AS but nothing that blows you away scentwise.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  10. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Not unusual, depending on where you are. Nivea is a European conpany.

Proraso, f'rinstance, calls their splashes "lozione dopobarba." Sra Hutchinson's mother tongue is Spanish. When she says "loción," she's talking about a perfume or cologne. What you think of as lotion, she calls crema.

Awesome that Nivea is back in the splash business on our shores. Were I not doing NB19, I'd go grab a bottle today. I will definitely put this on my list for 2020. Thank you for the heads up.

brit and BigD like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

the original blue aftershave..very nice and pairs with most colognes..

BigD likes this.
  12. Badgerstate

That could be. The bottle does say, "locion" on it.

Frijolero likes this.
  13. Badgerstate

I dont think Ive ever seen that one. Ive used Sensitive, Cool and Energy but never this, "blue".

Frijolero likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

this is the newest one i have, the older bottle now gone said originals..the 2 phase stuff isn't available here.. 20190324_160340.jpg

Badgerstate, Frijolero and BigD like this.
  15. Badgerstate

Interesting. I dont believe that Ive ever seen that one.

brit likes this.