The Clubman Exchange

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Paul Turner, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm beginning to look ahead to what my 2019 Pinaud Purchase Package* will be. No real hurry, I suppose, until the Special Reserve A.S. amount begins to get low.

*-everyone say that one time fast :)

2. Paul Turner

Lots of Clubman use coming up during this 8 day period I call my Barbershop Scent Jamboree. It will include 5 straight days of the Original Aftershave.

Ijustmissedthe50s and AGHisBBS like this.
  3. Paul Turner

The Clubman website keeps coming at me about its Holiday Savings. Not ready just yet, but "I'll be in touch" as the saying goes.

4. Paul Turner

I find the Reserve Gent's Gin A.S. to be comfortable enough throughout the year, with the exception of freezing temperatures during the winter.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  5. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Just recently acquired some more clubman products. Have been a user of original for quite some time, but thought I'd branch out and make a purchase. Bought some more original, 2 vanilla, VI Bay rum, SR Whiskey woods, osage rub, and the Veg. So far I've tried the vanilla and whiskey woods, like them both. Not sure about the others that were available, the regular special reserve or gents gin. I'll probably end up getting both of those also.

Ijustmissedthe50s, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  6. Paul Turner

I wanted Whiskey Woods originally, but it was sold out, so I settled for Gent's Gin. GG is fine...best in the warm weather though.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

I just ordered a Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum, 12 Ounce, from Amazon, under the Prime Member Program, for $11.29 delivered.
    I think that a fair price. Does anyone have any experience with this aroma?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

loves me the clubman,have the original,lime sec, special reserve,clubman shave soap,clubman shampoo,and clubman talc so far..

9. Paul Turner

I only have a few shaves left with my Stoylin Barbershop soap, and then I'll have to find other shave soaps/creams to use with my Clubman Original. I see a couple possibilities for now. This is an ongoing investigation, thus I can't comment.

10. Paul Turner

With my Clubman aftershave use today, and the next two, I got out the Country Club shampoo to match. I love this shampoo..will order more when it's time for the 2019 Pinaud Purchase Package to be ordered.

11. Paul Turner

Update-I'm using it regularly now with the Central Texas Soaps Grandpa's Barbershop soap, and will also do it with Barbasol cream.

AGHisBBS, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Well, my 2019 Pinaud Purchase Package has been ordered. Just received an e-mail from Clubmanonline with a 15% all-item savings coupon. I figured now would be the time. I'll be getting my 3rd can of the original shaving cream, and a small tube of hair gel. Not the "Package" I had anticipated earlier, but a thing called "Economics" got in the way. It's a good purchase, though.....since I'll only use the shaving cream with the original A.S(and won't use it in warm/hot weather), it should last me hopefully a couple fall&winter seasons. And I realize I don't "gel" my hair as often as I used to, so the small-size should work.

13. Paul Turner

Update.see above post, as I placed the order today, without the shampoo. I'll put in another order for it later.

14. Paul Turner

The fellas at Clubman asked me already for my reviews. I'll do them midweek after finishing my first set.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  15. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Why does Clubman feel so good on my face? What is in it that does this? Are the other Pinaud varieties this nice in the face?

What other vendors AS do this as well?

Really asking. Thanks.

AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.
  16. Paul Turner

I did one, but I have an interesting dilemma on the other: That is, I am already on record for having done that one. I might contact the owner to see what he suggests I do. The product in question is the Shave Cream(canned). I love it, but I already said that!!!:signs131::signs131:

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

It does give one of the best 'tinglees' at that!

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Paul Turner

As for other vendors, Williamsport Barber Supply, and I would expect Maggards, West Coast Shaving(to begin with).

19. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Used it today. Ahh! Although the alcohol does tighten things up a bit, so I chased it with some Lucky Tiger. All good.

AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.
  20. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I have a can of the Clubman shave cream and I find it to have a great scent but low performance, a bit lacking in body and density. YMMV.

Paul Turner likes this.