April 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 31, 2019.

?

Is Arko on the menu for you this month? Or Adjustable?

1. ARKO BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. ADJUSTABLES BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Arko is a part of it but not every shave.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Adjustables sometimes but not every shave.

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  5. What's Arko??

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Adjustable - what??

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  7. Just hand me my cookies and be done with it.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. I want extra ice cream on my cookies for ignoring ice cream in the last poll.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  9. Can't we all just eat cookies and ice cream and get along???

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Congrats, Perry! Good luck with the house hunting!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Well we're off to a good start over here even as March continues to move forward on the flip side. I have easy plans for this month. Arko Adjustable April isn't tough to do when you have as much Arko around as I do. I keep a mug full of Arko and I have 10 sticks in the drawer just in case I run out. (Like that's even possible with 10 sticks in the house) As for the adjustable issues - here's what's in my arsenal:

Gillette Toggle
    Gillette Fatboy
    Gillette Slim
    Gillette Black Beauty
    Soviet Consul
    Qshave Futur Clone
    Schick Type M

I also plan to get some Stirling shaves mixed in there this month, just to break up the Arko a bit. All of my brushes are back in play as well. Enough madness! Oh, and expect to see Russian blades. LOTS of Russian blades. Maybe ALL Russian blades. I missed them in March.

Thanks for your continued participation and WOW what a March we had. The busiest month on record for the 30 DC. April should be a great month too, and for me it's exciting not only because of everything going on here, but because I can finally announce my new "employer"! (I hear the new boss is a real slave driver)

Cropped Medium Square Logo.jpg
    Today was my final day selling mattresses. As of right now I'm in business for myself. I'll be going down two paths, basically. The first is through a DBA called Three Rivers Rideshare. I'm going to be doing full time delivery service and rideshares through Grubhub, Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart. I've been developing that avenue for nearly a year and am at the point where I can take it full time. The second path is another DBA called Neal Cox Realty. I'm in the process of getting my Real Estate license and entertaining offers from brokers to start selling. My short-term plan - drive and deliver to pay the bills and feed us while I build the real estate business. My long-term plan - open my own real estate brokerage. I've been selling for other people for too long and dealing with the restrictions of corporate life. Time to break free!

Enough of that......let's have a fantastic April!

3. brit

brit in a box

that is awesome Neal, congratulations, become the shareholder, the majority one..

9nein9, Linuxguile, RyX and 9 others like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Proceed along the path!! Good luck!!

9nein9, Linuxguile, RyX and 9 others like this.
  5. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Fantastic!

6. jtspartan

Sounds like a plan, Neal. Good things happening!

9nein9, Linuxguile, RyX and 10 others like this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Perry, congratulations on the quick sale at full price!

Best of luck on your new adventures and making the big life changes!

8. jtspartan

I’m in, of course. Looking forward to another great month.
    I don’t enjoy Arko all that much, but I’ll use it once in a while to keep up with the cool kids. I have a few birth year adjustables (Long and short SAs) to use as well, but I think I’ll spend a bit of time on some recently neglected razors and soaps. I also have a few new brushes that I’d like to try to get broken in as well. Guess I’m leaning more to ‘anything goes’, with an occasional Arko/Adjustable interlude.

9. Keithmax

April Fools Day shave:

I tried this once a long time ago, 2011 R41 with a Feather blade. It did not go very well so I never tried it again. Now years later I wanted to see if my skills had improved.

The shave was uneventful, an excellent shave with zero irritation. The only irritation is that this tub of Crowne and Crane will not die.

Irritation A+ Closeness A

Razor: 2011 Mühle R41 (Feather 1)
    Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
    Soap: Crowne and Crane
    AS: Santa Maria Novella Patchouli AS, Speick ASB
    Scent: Dior Patchouli Impérial

IMG_6352.jpg

FaceScraper, Terry, 9nein9 and 16 others like this.
  10. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Gee! I don't remember you ever using a safety, Keith! Nice setup!

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

What wizardry is involved in Crown and Crane's soap making process? Is it magically and mysteriously regenerating after each shave? This is becoming a drama worthy of Lifetime!

12. brit

brit in a box

we are trying to hit 8000 on the march thread, 2.5 hours left..200 posts to go..

Linuxguile, RyX, Frijolero and 11 others like this.
  13. Keithmax

I usually one on Mondays. I shave later in the morning on Sunday and I like to have 24 hours between shaves if I use a straight razor. No idea why I feel that way. When I am traveling or don't have enough time in the morning I will use a safety razor.

Linuxguile, RyX, Frijolero and 12 others like this.
  14. Keithmax

It is frustrating, this is taking way to long. I think is some kind of curse, trying to drive me to insanity. I think this is punishment for blooming Williams.

Terry, Linuxguile, RyX and 13 others like this.
  15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I wish you great success and prosperity!

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Glares across room

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You have to remember that the Fuzzter does live down in Cajun land. You know, where Voodoo priestesses still lurk.............but I'm not wanting to accuse him as the source of the "curse".......mostly because I don't need any needles stuck into an effigy.

Terry, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 12 others like this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I was going to mention Marie Laveau still has kin down here.....

Terry, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 14 others like this.
  19. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Does that mean you'll be PIF'ing your Ranger Tech then?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

0210 here. Veddy much looking for 0600. Field Supervisor visit is done...nightly and month end paperwork done. Rover is in the plant. Time to relax and sip a cup for a few.

brit, Terry, Linuxguile and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.