March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

i think so sir..red dwarf was cool ,been years since i've seen it..trans am wheel arch nostrils..

2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

2nd shifter here

Hembree, jluc, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Bar pit you say....... perch you say.... I LOVE perch jerking with a jig pole.

Hembree, jluc, wristwatchb and 4 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

yes sir ,there are many kinds and variations depending on the family recipes and preferences.

Hembree, jluc, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  5. Edison Carter

@brit
    Are the models you display recent work or stuff that you put together years back?

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Rimmer... sheesh. There's always one around.

Hembree, Frijolero and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

oh, sorry to hear sir..i have quit a couple of times, but tended to restart during stressful times..my tough part now would be beer without cigs..i am tired of them..

8. Edison Carter

Just got a text from shavenation.com about stuff on sale.

Top of the list.... a lather bowl

and he included a video on bowl lathering.

I don't think Fuzzy can read my stuff since he blocked me.

The situation made me chuckle a little.

Hembree, jluc, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  9. Edison Carter

My life is a little different now. But if I was hanging out where folks were drinking and smoking, man would it be tough

10. brit

brit in a box

most were built in the last 10 years, i haven't built one in the last year as the razor hobby has taken a hold, but the job i have now is stable with predictable hours, so i want to build again. i had a sort of builders block per sa,but am getting the urge to build again,.the stresses of closing a business and such sapped up a lot of resources .and time, so i took a brake from most things and leaned on the beers more.. thankfully ,you fine gents here have inspired me a little to get more motivated ..

11. brit

brit in a box

i get that, haven't been out to pubs for a long time, used to play darts.bit of a homebody now when not at work..

12. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Vindaloo certainly is 'warm'! A little too much so for my taste. Red Dwarf was a little before my time of TV watching... I certainly am familiar with it, and indeed with Craig Charles. Indian curry doesn't tend to go by colour, Thai curry is either red or green... A few curries that are favourites of mine (in order from mild to hot) are: Lamb Rogan Josh
    Chicken Madras
    Chicken Jalfrezi

Many curries are also made with a cream base... I dislike these and stay away from them!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Took a minute to get google maps up, on target. Here's the location if you've got a pole and worms. Park next to the sheet tin store by the railroad tracks, or drive in if you've got the ground clearance to mud your way in. Yellow arrows are the wet spots, southern one is better.
    fishing holes.gif

14. Edison Carter

I built some in my teens with earnings from delivering papers and recall how the glue failed over time.

Nice modeling work that you do.

15. brit

brit in a box

the lamb rogan josh is good,haven't had a lot of chicken, my wife likes the butter chicken ,but i stick with the lamb dishes..

16. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Interesting that this should come up. I actually knocked drinking on the head in March (had 4 beers on the 6th) and haven't wanted a drop since. I had actually started my 'dry run' the week before but fell off the wagon! Today will be the 26th day . I am quite impressed with myself. Since being 18 and attending university, I have been a regular drinker... At times often consuming 4 pints of premium strength lager 4/5 times per week (just sitting at home). It is not something that I want my wife to have to worry about, or my (5 year old) son to think is normal. I can categorically say that I have felt better, sharper and more present since giving it up.

17. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Just a straight swap with the meats! No alterations of the sauce. Creamy/buttery sauces just ain't my thing!

Hembree, jluc, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

yes it does sir, thankfully it saved many vintage kits as they come apart easily.i do restore old builds rescued from ebay,.some of these unbuilt vintage can hit the #300 up mark ,so built ones are a cheaper option.i have collected for years and have a bunch of both.a few were sold in recent times to help buy razors..

19. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

You must be REALLY old if airfix glue failed on you .

Just kidding

Hembree, jluc, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Rogan josh consists of pieces of lamb or mutton braised with a gravy flavoured with garlic, ginger and aromatic spices (cloves, bay leaves, cardamom, and cinnamon), and in some versions incorporating onions or yogurt.
    Sounds like smothered pork chops dish I've enjoyed. Less ginger & cloves, more cayenne pepper. Caramelized onions rather than yogurt.

Daughter made crawfish fettuccine alfredo couple nights ago. She likes to cook on occasion, but somehow dirties every pan, bowl, and utensil in my kitchen when she does. I put up with it to allow here a bit of creative time and to take a break from being head bottle washer and short order cook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.