Aftershave from the land of the Rus

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Joe Nobles, Mar 7, 2019.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I’ve used the Natura Siberia shower gel and shampoo but not the cooling gel aftershave.

The shampoo is great for thinning or fine hair. I really like it.

Probably by April I’ll be ready to try the aftershave. It’s above freezing and sunny today but not warm enough for cooling products.

The Nivea Extreme Freshness A/S is a very nice product with a clean scent that’s not overly strong. Easy to wear for everyday.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  2. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

Well it seems to me that the traditional splash on aftershave doesn't have a Russian representative because all I can find are the lotion and gel type. I really don't care for those type, but might try one or two out what do you guy's suggest? All the leads you all gave lead to places that sold cologne and EDT and I don't think they are suitable as aftershave.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Frijolero likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you find a scent you like in an EdT or Cologne, aftershave is only lighter on the oils, more alcohol. It's a percentages game with some glycerin thrown in for a nice post shave face feel. An eau de toilette might contain 10% aromatic oils, a cologne only 5%, and an aftershave even less. Perfumer's alcohol can be purchased, but products like Everclear meant for internal consumption work just fine.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

brit and RyX like this.
  5. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

@Frijolero thank you I've added it to my watch list and if it is still there come pay-day I'll order it! BTW why do you use Kilroy for an avatar?

RyX and brit like this.
  6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

It's mostly about the "Wot no _______?" thing. Sort of a meme, from a few decades before they were called that. Just a way of expressing my belief that everything is better with menthol. I'm pretty sure there was a specific product that made it pop into my head. But I really don't remember what or when.

brit and RyX like this.
  7. pj3r

pj3r Well-Known Member

I am from Croatia. So...

We have Ralon, AS and cream. Ralon as AS is old formulated Pitarlon. Classic scent. There is also Ralon Sport line. A little bit modern scent.

There is one more cream - Brinel, but never try it.

If you like ASB the great one is Biobaza S.O.S. After shave balm. Great stuff. They also have something what they call shaving soap but it is everything but shaving soap it isn't

Poslano sa mog SM-A600FN koristeći Tapatalk

Yehuda D, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  8. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

This is Russian aftershave:

brit, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Neal @NCoxSTL might enjoy your post, and the rest of the thread, too.