Free Marvy shaving soap.....

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Shekky, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shekky

Shekky Member

Continental U.S.A only. I have 4 pucks of Marvy shaving soap. I will mail it to you for free. I want it out of my house. I had no luck with it. Act now and receive an extra free craptacular gift. Please! I am serious. Just give me a name and address to mail it to.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  2. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I'll give a puck a try.

Frijolero likes this.
  3. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

What is Marvy Shaving Soap? I'll try it...

Frijolero likes this.
  4. Shekky

Shekky Member

Sorry, already claimed.

Frijolero, RyX and Zykris like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Glad you found some folks to try it for the first time. Gotta be their first time because that's all it takes. What was it about this soap that made you want to share it with the victims volunteers?

Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. Shekky

Shekky Member

7. Shekky

Shekky Member

I have to be honest, this soap is ruff... Very thin foam. Just not for me. In my opinion not the worst, but close......

8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

For those who think that modern Williams is a difficult lather, Marvy is next-level difficult.

My own experience was that it seemed to work best if kept in its own microclimate (i.e., a closed container), to prevent it from drying out, and actually seems to perform best when it hydrates into a soft mush. It also works well with a drop of glycerine or as part of a superlather.

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

That would be me, I'm the vic, uh volunteer. Gonna try some ideas with it, one, mix it with another soap.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good luck @jimjo1031! I've see what you can do with vintage brush handles and clam shell cases. I'm thinking 1 part Marvy & 99 parts ARKO mix?

I live in the biggest little metro area for a 60 mile drive. Not much on the shelves for Men's Shaving Supplies. At one ladies beauty supply shop I found and purchased a puck of Marvy. I don't think it's supposed to smell like spoiled ham. Maybe it surpassed it's self life and the tallow turned rancid. Didn't keep it long enough to decide if I could lather it. One of the few shaving products I've thrown away. There was also a bottle of Lucky Tiger AS that smelled like a tire fire...

11. jimjo1031

My first idea, grate some Marvy, melt some glycerine orange menthol, it's strong, and mix. Checked online, it can be done.

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Marvys is not impossible to later. To me it is what most people thing modern Williams is.

Rev579, 9nein9, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  13. jimjo1031

And I don't have a problem lathering modern Williams.

9nein9, Frijolero, RyX and 2 others like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man! Will be fun to see what you do with marvys...if you want a real challenge get a cake of scalp master soap.

jimjo1031, 9nein9, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  15. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I tried a puck of Marvy's. I wasn't impressed at all. I still have it so I can try it again later. I have over 30 pucks of Modern Williams. That's my go to. With some care and love it produces the absolute best lather. As @wchnu (Fuzzy) knows I do all the sins with the Williams. However, that's the way I do it, I love it, and I can't get enough of it. When you have a nice thick layer of butter cream Williams love on your face that is slicker than whale poop on ice and has more cushion than a down pillow you know you're living in the lap of luxury.
    I think I'll start a thread asking folks about their shave sins according to Fuzzy. In the long run I'm pretty sure Fuzzy has more people doing it his way than anyone has them doing it their way when it comes to making lather and using their razor. However, it will be fun reading all of Fuzzy's responses to all the sins.

RyX, jimjo1031, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  16. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I think I understand now. I'm happy with my lone hard puck of PdP 63 and easier to lather soaps and creams. I bet it would lather up with a good synthetic.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Is Scalp Master the soap made by one of the companies that make the Veg?

RyX likes this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Marvy or Modern Williams? I'm not sure Marvy has any or many saving graces. Modern Williams does have some decent slickness going for it. Just don't expect the butter cream lather. Plenty of other soaps do that. Best I've worked out with M.Williams is to (sorry Fuzzy) bowl lather a batch as well as it can and paint it on. It's serviceable and inexpensive unlike Marvy that's just inexpensive.

brit and Rev579 like this.
  19. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Wow. I have been under the impression that a decent synthetic brush can make almost anything lather well.

brit, RyX and John Ruschmeyer like this.
  20. jimjo1031

While I can lather Williams with different knots, boar seems to work the best for me.

brit, wchnu and RyX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.