NB'19

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Troy M, Dec 27, 2018.

?

Are you in?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Conditionally...

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. I'm just here to watch

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well this pre-teen moodiness got to my sister, as I recall. Our dad ,loved taking a photo of us standing by the family Christmas tree. As we got into our teen years, she would begin to say "Do we really have to do this again"? It didn't matter to me because I didn't care for the "friends" I had. Go ahead guys, tell the whole school. I don't care.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  2. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I’m still in.......

Troy M, Frijolero and brit like this.
  3. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Me too.

dbersh, Frijolero and brit like this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Still strong.

dbersh and brit like this.
  6. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

This is the longest I have made it through an attempted No Buy. I deleted a bunch of searches on eBay, and have dropped out of some wetshaving groups on FB. Have actually finished off one soap this year, and half way through the next one that I am using every other shave.

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'm good. I made one purchase when I finished my bottle of Superior 70. I picked up a bottle of Dr. Sana Bay Rum to replace it. I have gifted a number of items and used up two near empty tubes of cream. I am doing well getting through my software.

Frijolero, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Very courageous of you to perform those deletes and dropouts. Success so far :).

brit and Frijolero like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Aaaaaand let's see what we have on the survey so far. Yes looks very good at this time, but I find very interesting the fact that Just Hear To Watch not only leads Conditionally, but is tied with No.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m out. Fell off the wagon. Back slide. Ah , the humanity. I bought a synthetic brush so I could do a 1 pass in a couple of minutes and a generic handle to go with a Maggard head because I don’t like the handle it came with. I am scaling waaaay back I ‘ve sold, or am selling, or giving away anything I don’t use regularly. I do think I miss the novelty of trying something new every so often.

11. brit

brit in a box

i am out , i have continued to save techs in the wild as well as some new soaps, brushes and aftershaves.. i like going to antique shops, part of my lifestyle now..but i am spending wisely and helping more newbie wetshavers..

Primotenore, BigMark83 and Frijolero like this.
  12. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Still master of my domain!

This is year 3 of my NB -- I am estimating I'll run out of soap sometime in late 2019, so I am looking fwd to crashing out of this year's NB!

brit, BigMark83, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    ...and they're droppin' like flies...:eatdrink013:

Frijolero, MR41 and brit like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Better not happen to me the next time I try it.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Still in NB19 though I must say I didn't buy any soap or blades .... I acquired them without asking or trading for them

Frijolero, MR41 and brit like this.
  16. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Checking in - and still in.

Frijolero and PanChango like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

:)

18. brit

brit in a box

i am waiting on 2 reknotted brushes and a piffed razor.nothing more in the works at present.

Frijolero, PanChango and Enrico like this.
  19. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Still in. I did actually buy something, but not for me. Meanwhile, I've finished off two soaps, one cream, and two aftershaves. And sold 35 soaps, 5 creams, and 10 aftershaves. And I aint done yet.

PanChango, Troy M and brit like this.
  20. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Still in. Between NB19, EDRIO (using every razor I own before buying anymore) and a rigid soap rotation, its actually taken a lot of the fun out of wetshaving for me. I'm one soap away from being done with my first soap rotation of the year. I'm too stubborn to stop though, so I will see this one through.