Travel setups

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ordinaryshaver, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

That bag is nice!

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've seen them show up at all kind of places, Goodwill, Salvation Army, junk shops, antique stores, you name it. And they're usually pretty cheap and in good condition. Ebay too. Vinyl lined us always a nice touch.

AGHisBBS, PLANofMAN, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Used this setup for the first time this morning. Works great .Will be my travel setup for the foreseeable future. IMG_20190408_083626_183.jpg

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Those little travel techs are nice. Good looking scuttle you have.

AGHisBBS, brit and Frijolero like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I prefer the waxed cotton/oilcloth lined ones myself.

Edit: and it must be framed leather construction. I spent quite a while searching for the "perfect" dopp bag. I suppose I should post a link to my travel setup.
    http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/PLANofMAN/travel dopp kit/?albumview=slideshow

Edit #2: Axe products are no longer part of the kit. I really should update that album.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

They pop up often actually.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

late 40s british travel kit. came with a bakelite cased nos flat bottom tech..building it up for travel.still has original culmak brush and a powdery soap stick..chrome /bakelite containers, toothbrush,styptic etc.want to find a vintage dopp bag at some point for the other stuff.then when the wife and i go anywhere ..the brush knot is iffy and shedding a little but would be easily reknotted.. the shave stick.well a wilki stick etc fits the container just fine..nice kit for a local cruize or the rocky mountaineer train trip here in b.c 20190414_225527.jpg 20190414_230321.jpg

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Looks great!!

brit likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir, the exterior needs some work to bring it up to scratch but its my next project..want this to set fully functional..