Shaving Brush Containers

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Rev579, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

brush tins1.jpeg

Pictured are 2 shaving brush containers that are typical components in the Gillette Traveler and Combination Sets, but the 2 larger containers are quite puzzling. I believe they might go with Rubberset Brushes.

brush tins2.jpeg
    brush tins3.jpeg
    brush tins4.jpeg

In the 3 images above, the large silver container matches the dimensions of the container for the Rubberset B-3 shown here

Based on the similarities between the containers not made for the Gillette sets, I am prone to guess the brass/gold container is also related to Rubberset somehow. Beyond that, I am asking for insights and welcoming best guesses based on legitimate resources. Hopefully @BladeShark will also see this post.

Attached Files:

PatrickA51, AGHisBBS, RyX and 3 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The larger containers might also be for shave sticks.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  4. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I’m not too sure about the thin container, as it lacks the ability push a stuck stick out. However, I’d love to see what went in it.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Pretty neat! Where I did you find those?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I can’t recall where the silver container came from, however the gold one came from the auction site. And looks to be an ideal match for a homemade ToOBS shave stick(pictured with the silver container).
    2A93968B-004B-4C7D-A70E-AF1E209E5DBF.jpeg 5DBBBDF7-15F4-489B-B842-743386DF7D0D.jpeg

You’ll notice there is more wiggle-room or play when the shave stick is in the silver container.
    DFE85EDF-16DB-4AD3-A536-B399C1AFD5BD.jpeg
    BA4F5F21-41CC-470B-BDB5-93AAB1161235.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    brit, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.