The Clubman Exchange

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Paul Turner, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, if I had one bad thing to say about it, I don't like the way it comes out of the can (like a snake). I think it needs to be given a good solid shake(more than other canned cream). I hope you can get it to work better for you.

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Three days this week of the 12 oz. shave cream followed by the Original aftershave. Might be my last time to use both until fall approaches, but it'd be great to get another shot before then. I love Clubman!!!

3. Paul Turner

Actually make it 2 days....I'm deciding to go on a 2-2-2-2-2- rotation for a while..see how I feel. Another thing led me to decide it...the cork under the cap popped out again...I got it back into place, but it may drive me crazy before I finish the can. Maybe it';s time to try the new "brushless" cream from Clubman.

Edison Carter and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. Paul Turner

And now another thing-the lousy cork popped off(as it did on the previous can). This writer doesn't like that!!!!

AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

the clubman brush soap puck is nice..

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  6. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

It appears as though I am late to the party but will y'all accept another member?
    I have both the original (which I consider to be the quintessential barber shop scent) along with the "Gentleman's Gin".

I prefer to use the Gin on bright warm humid days and the regular on cloudy overcast rainy days.
    I now need to find some glass bottles to decant them in. Perhaps an old scotch bottle....
    I plan on ordering a couple of the other scents as well.

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  7. Paul Turner

That little 2 oz. puck?

brit and AGHisBBS like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

yes sir,just read your 2016 review of it. i use it once in a while. i bowl lather so i scoop a bit out,smear it into the bowl and build it.would like to see it in a larger tub also, nice travel size i guess..but its nice stuff..

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Oh right....that was when I said it should have been called Clubman VANILLA, because Clubman itself said it resembled the Vanilla scent more than that of the Original. Thanks for reading it :).

10. Paul Turner

Happy to have you aboard :). I, too, have the Gin, and you're right-it's best on those warm humid days. I'd ,like to be able to have another "set" (go-round)with my Original A.S.(which I pair now with Central Texas Soaps Grandpa's Barbershop) before it gets real warm.

AGHisBBS, brit and ordinaryshaver like this.
  11. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Any experience on the new three models of the Reserve After Shave line?
    [​IMG]

12. Paul Turner

Oh wow...I forgot about these! I haven't yet bought any. Thanks for bringing them back to my attention :).

ischiapp likes this.
  13. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Thanks to YOU, I just learned about these. I’ll have to try them out eventually.

ischiapp likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Here's an update-Clubman Original Aftershave purchases on Amazon-2,559 purchases with 84% having 5-star reviews.

15. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Time to resurrect. @Tedolph is head over heels in love with Clubman products. Help a brother out.

17. Paul Turner

Update....3 1/2 years later, and I haven't seen her since that day. No "weddin'" to plan.

18. Paul Turner

Actually, she saw ME before I her. Or "sniffed" me, I should say(but I didn't sniff her).

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Update 3 years later-you'll hear more about her if I SEE her again.

20. Paul Turner

Update-and that "other bottle"is almost done, thus I WILL have to reorder, probably before year's end.