Just received two Vintage aftershaves I scored on ebay.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I just received these vintage aftershaves that I snagged off of ebay. The Pinaud Clubman is 'GLASS', not plastic! It took a while to find one of these. Now all my future Clubman purchases will be decanted over to this glass bottle. And of course the Shulton Old Spice aftershave is another 'backup' bottle that I have secured for the long-term.

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Nice. I’m curious if the vintage clubman smells different.....

3. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

Nice Catch!

Tim Spencer and brit like this.
  4. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I don't know yet. This is my first bottle of vintage Clubman. I assume that the opening will smell different just based on the 'plastic' smell that the modern version gives it. And that 'plastic' note does more than just add a 'plastic' effect, it also seems to alter some of the scent's opening in other ways. As a comparison, Lilac Vegetal smells bad from the bottle, but if decanted to a glass bottle to sit for many days that "cat pee" effect goes away. To make a fair comparison, I will have to decant the modern Pinaud Clubman over to a glass container for a few weeks, then compare directly. Which I might do in the future, but not right away.

Enrico, DaltonGang, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd say even the modern Clubman smells classier and like it's been around a lot more than, say, Axe.

brit likes this.