Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Trazarra Avon for men. Trazarra by Avon is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Trazarra was launched in 1978. The fragrance features civet, heliotrope, oriental notes, woody notes, sandalwood and spicy notes. It has been around since 1978, and is still in production.

RyX, Hembree, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  2. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice
    "Ferdinand Magellan Coin Decanter"
    Cologne. 6oz.

One not seen much, but I happened on it, a while back. Very strong scent. Much much stronger than the aftershave. To be used sparingly.

P4090897.JPG

gorgo2, Angelo85, Enrico and 5 others like this.
  3. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

FRom this weekends adventures. It was sold as half empty, I bought as half full. YEAH!!!

5A7145D2-A604-4713-862A-85C4D73DBBC6.jpeg 5DA805EC-91E9-431F-956E-D9E0CFB44FFF.jpeg

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Timwcic and brit like this.
  5. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

8187CECF-B657-428F-BAE9-845F5DCEEB5F.jpeg This just came in the mail today. A 1981 keepsake bottle of Avon Bay Rum.

6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Nice Angelo!

brit and Angelo85 like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

very cool..classy bottle..

Hembree and Angelo85 like this.
  8. Timwcic

A Early American Old Spice in unused condition. In a post-depression touch of frugality, the box, when empty becomes a tissue box. Still looking good at 80+++ years old

63BF89B0-51CC-47CF-B3C7-4A219024C153.jpeg C58D8BBF-68F4-4E91-A3FA-30C479E8F189.jpeg 12DB55BF-FF79-450D-A3DF-45D038C7C4D9.jpeg D7091464-8B5C-432D-A82D-6719CAECA559.jpeg D9FFC6B6-1802-43DD-A0F8-ED987666FB20.jpeg

Angelo85, brit, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Timwcic likes this.
  10. DaltonGang

Timwcic and Hembree like this.
  11. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice 6 oz.
    The Admiral. "Opal"
    circa 1973-1975

The original plastic display box was destroyed, during shipping. no worry, because the bottle is full. Also, it has been stored properly, over the past 45 years. The scent is fabulous.
    Remember: Shulton Old Spice is no longer made. Nothing else smells like it. It is becoming harder to come by, at reasonable prices. Prices are not going down.

P4230913.JPG

gorgo2, Timwcic, brit and 5 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

And that's a real shame(about no more Shulton).

gorgo2 and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

Timwcic and RyX like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm funny about items people deem collectable and some may say never to use it. I've seen too often things save because they were too precious; then people die and the children or grandchildren throw it out or take it to the thrift shop and nobody enjoyed it.

Live, enjoy and share the things you have today, cause tomorrow isn't guaranteed. :eatdrink047: :angelic013:

That's my 2 cents. :eatdrink013:

15. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

I've watched this happen too many times. A person collects and hobbies their whole life and when life ends?? The stuff left to those living doesn't mean anything to them. Collections and hobbies are personal and usually end when the collector hobbyists life ends. I've bought way too much but it isn't to save, hell, I use it all. There isn't enough time in life for me to use up all that I've bought but I'm sure having fun trying. Eat up, drink up, lather up, and splash aftershave like you're 16 again. ;)

16. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

I have one just like it. The plastic / bands / box / container full, and all. Guess what? I'm using the hell out of that aftershave lotion, and loving it. I can't remember that the container's name is but mine is from 75 ish. The aftershave has a fragrance second to none and I've been using Old Spice since 1956. If I remember right, it was about the time the stopper was still metal and I believe the bottles were 9 oz bottles. I could be wrong but.... :)

RyX, DaltonGang and brit like this.
  17. DaltonGang

Check this site out. It has about everything you ever wanted to know about every kind of Old Spice Bottle.

http://www.oldspicecollectibles.com

MacDaDad, brit and RyX like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Like I tell my sons.

Aftershave ..... it's not just for shaving ..... its for smelling good anytime!
    and
    It's made by the gallon .... so use it.

Kinda like lowbrow cologne.

:eatdrink013:

DaltonGang, MacDaDad, brit and 3 others like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Because I've found several Shulton OS in the wild, I'll be adding a decanter to The Traveling Box. Rumor has it folks are enjoying it so much we're going to do another round after it arrives back at the start. If you are interested in joining in the fun visit the thread and express your interest.

brit and DaltonGang like this.
  20. Timwcic

Thank you gentlemen. It was a fun find. I already have two others that I lightly use so this one will be preserved

RyX, brit and DaltonGang like this.