A Pair Of Winchester Straights

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Timwcic, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

From today’s estate sale, two Winchester Straights. I was texted by the seller to come and pick them up. They were held back for me, did not want to put them out. Even though there are two, he only charged me for the one, he knew the other was toast. The black scaled SR is made in Germany with a standard font logo. The celluloid faux tortoise scales have no cracks or warps. The blade has the well known logo and is in good overall good condition. Has minimal to no hone wear and measures 5/8. I think it is a keeper

2A9804DA-A5FB-4A9A-889B-FC9EE96BFC01.jpeg 6EE4D06E-1136-4FBD-8861-9D7A769DB898.jpeg DAAB346F-7116-46BF-8880-592C909A4958.jpeg 94F80232-F4B6-4C9E-963C-9C25DD5BE1D6.jpeg

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Toast nothing. I think you might be able to massage the little nick out of the black scaled one.
    Angle the grind, and make it look like one of those Japanese modified straights.

3. Rkep01

Rkep01 Well-Known Member

If you do, don't try to sell it on Ebay as "like new". :happy102:

Karl G, Timwcic and Edison Carter like this.
  4. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Thanks gentlemen. It does not show in the pictures, there is a crack going north towards the spine. I think I will give it to a buddy of mine. He is a rabid Winchester collector. Will buy me a favor or two

5. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

I was thinking maybe go the other way.
    It's too small but the shape reminds me very much
    of a bottle opener. ;)

Karl G, DaltonGang and brit like this.