What's your favorite travel-sized shaving soap/cream/stick?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Willk, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Willk

Willk Active Member

Hi,

I normally keep the regular Poraso shaving cream (tube) in my travel shave bag. It's descent quality, but a bit big for my travel bag. What are your favorite travel-sized shaving cream/stick/ or soap? Also related, what travel-sized after-shave do you like? I live in Australia, so the local selection is limited, but I'm willing to order internationally for the right good-quality product.

Yehuda D, RyX and Frijolero like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    A good option is a travel tube. Look for something like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 06.07.30.png
    You can grate your favorite soap and press it into this twist-up tubes.

3. Willk

Willk Active Member

I should add, I prefer the soft, or semi-soft soaps normally. That might work even better in twist-up tubes -assuming they are small in size...

Leclec13 and Frijolero like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you are good with recycling antiperspirant or lip balm containers can be cleaned and filled with soap or cream.

6. basil

basil Well-Known Member

I bought a dr Harris shave stick that lives in my travel bag. I love the dr Harris soaps so it was a no brainer for me.

7. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I have two - a La Toja stick and travel sized shaving cream made by Elvado. The La Toja stick creates a fantastic thick and slick lather. The Elvado cream creates a lighter lather than the La Toja stick but just as slick and creates a lather much faster. So if you are in a hurry I recommend the Elvado cream. If you have time for a nice slow luxurious shave I think that it is tough to beat the La Toja stick.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Gillette Foamy

9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

:happy096:

Arko stick or tub. If it has to be a cream, Palmolive cream in a baby food container.
    Problem solved.

Leclec13, Frijolero and PanChango like this.
  10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I normally toss an Arko stick in the kit when traveling.

On the road, I go inexpensive. Like the rest of my gear, I leave the fancy stuff at home. If I have to pitch it or it gets stolen, no great loss.

11. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I go inexpensive all the time, so to me the only difference is razor, as my travel brush is in rotation.

12. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

Shave sticks would be very useful at trips. I tried nearly all shave sticks, Arko, Derby, Blueness, Wilkinson, Palmolive, Tabac, La Toja, Dr.Harris, De Vergulde Hand. Most of them were pressed into a tub by myself. I dont get used to shave with them. I dont like the feeling of applying them on to my face. It is my preference to lather from the tub. Then face lathering.
    My opinion, Shaving creams would be a better choice. Quick, easy to lather and adjust it.
    Without trips and vacation, my hands always go to the soaps. The trips are a chance to use the shaving creams.
    Arko
    Nivea
    Proraso
    Palmolive
    La Toja
    And many more are quite good, i think.

13. brit

brit in a box

pacific shave co..they sell it everywhere here, works well, and cheap enough if i were to lose it..

Shaver X and Frijolero like this.
  14. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Tabac and Arko sticks have been the plan, but now I have to throw the (smallish) tub of Cella in the mix. I get great close shaves and post-shave feel from Cella and the tub is kind of small.

Frijolero and Leclec13 like this.
  15. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I like to take the 2.5 oz. tubes of Taylor of Old Bond Street cream when I'm traveling. They fit in a TSA compliant bag with the rest of my liquids so I can carry them on. And creams are easy to lather so no fussing around while on a busy schedule.

16. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

My favorite for travelling is the Arko shave stick. Great performance, I like the scent, it can be taken on carry on luggage, and it lasts a long time.

17. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Proraso green in an old hotel shampoo bottle. Razor for scale.
    bottle.jpg

18. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

small travel size bottle for AS
    arko in a push up stick
    poraso green

then there is the using cut off piece of zote or pears soap both cheap and decent shave soaps

i bring much of the luxury /home kit as I can .....why not enjoy a shave with all my regular accoutrements, throwing towels on floor and leaving sink a mess is a plus. (No straight due to security rules)

Last cruise travel kit...
    $2 bowl from thrift store, clubman in travel bottle, cheap synth,, nivea balm, conk pre shave, acua d gio EDT, alum block, voskhod and feather blade, poraso green, arko in push up tube, merkur38, old style on weber handle. pears soap in shower
    94802EE3-7B5C-488D-9B4F-D956975998CA.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Killerflyingbugs, brit and Frijolero like this.
  19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

My go-to for travel soap has been the Arko stick, going on about nine years now. Grab a large prescription bottle or a small vitamin bottle and poke a few holes in the lid for ventilation and drop the Arko stick in there.

20. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

I keep a 1oz tube of Cremo for travel. No brush, no fuss.