My Newest Razor - Razorock Hawk V2 SE Silver Satin & Feather Pro Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by johnnyflake, Apr 28, 2019.

1. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

Just received this a couple of days ago. I have read many good things about it and I do favor SE Razors, so I thought I give it a go. The price is very reasonable. Now that I have it, it seems a bit intimidating. Dam the head is 2" wide and the Feather Pro Blade is 1 7/8' Long. This does require special blades, but they are not hard to find, though a bit expensive. However, most reviewers say they get at least 8 to 10 comfortable shaves per blade.
    Like I said, I am a bit intimidated, so I have not tried it yet, but I definitely will, one day next week.

Does anyone have any experience with this beast?

MVC-001S.JPG

Attached Files:

2. brit

brit in a box

very nice sir..will be good for wide areas ..:)

3. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

Okay guys, I finally finished my 10 straight days of shaving, with the Beast, this morning. I lovingly call it the beast, because it’s so big and intimidating. The head is just at 1/2” longer than the average DE shave head, but this is an SE razor. It uses special SE blades. Feather makes a couple, I was using their Feather Pro. They are a bit expensive for a pack of 20 blades, about $17, but the blades easily last for 8/10 shaves and more. Because of it’s size, it does take a few shaves to become comfortable handling it, but it just seems to come natural and after a few days, you don’t even think about it’s size.

This morning I completed 10 shaves, with this razor, using a Feather Pro Artist Blade. All shaves were very comfortable and smooth, but slightly aggressive. You do get a lot of blade feel, but it’s not uncomfortable, it’s just there. I would rate the aggressiveness of this razor at a 6.5 on a 1 to 10 scale. Even today’s shave was very comfortable, but I can tell that the blade is beginning to dull. Normally, I would call it quits after this 10th shave and I will in the future, but I am going to try another shave, maybe two more, just to see what happens. For all the shaves so far, I used several TOBS Creams a few G F Trumpr Creams and Tabac.

IMHO, this is an amazing razor, that’s hard to beat, especially at about $37.00. Like I mentioned the blades are a bit expensive, but at 8 / 10 shaves per blade, they are well worth the price.

brit and Edison Carter like this.
  4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

This is absolutely a fantastic razor. I recently acquired one from the 2021 Traveling Mystery Box. It's the limited edition anodized Electric Blue color. My first ever AC-style razor. I've only used it once and it was such a fine, smooth and close shave that I didn't have to shave again for 4 days. The only thing I don't like about it is the light handle. I've since swapped the handle out for the sleek and heavier King C. Gillette DE razor handle and now it's perfect for me. I really can't imagine why I would want to upgrade from this V2 to the V3 since the shave was perfection.
    IMG_20210621_185250~2a.jpg

brit likes this.