Arko shave stick review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matthewoli98, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks I'll try that. I have heard good things about Arko performance but this stuff smells like a cleaning product.

brit, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  2. Hembree

Should have left it in the bed but with the rain it might have eat the sprayed in bed liner up.

3. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Arko is worth the try, I shave and press mine into a bowl, I lather it better that way. The aroma dissipates to a mild scent. I liked it, that I bought the box of 12.

Bird Lives, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  4. Hembree

I think once it "tones" down I will like it more. I may try your suggestion. That sounds like the way to go.

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm OK with the scent so I haven't tried it - increasing the surface area would assist in out-gassing the scent. ARKO is malleable like a chocolate bar. Using a cheese grater or similar device try mincing it up into small pieces and leave it to air in a suitable place. Later it can be pressed into a container.

brit, Frijolero and Hembree like this.
  6. Hembree

Thanks.

RyX, brit and Frijolero like this.
  7. Hembree

I grated a stick up the afternoon when I got home from work. I'll let it set for a while and see how it does.

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

you mean cleaning products smell like arko..which came first..;)

Frijolero, RyX and Hembree like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I pressed mine flat, and threaded it into an empty speed stick dispenser....Works great and keeps my fingers non-slippery while applying it...Also makes for a GREAT way to travel with it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hembree, Frijolero, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Woo!!!

brit, Bird Lives, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Did you find a suitable place to let it air out? If it's inside the house, can you smell it? Maybe repeated exposure is acclimating you to the scent. Next you'll be buying your first bottle of The Veg... :)

brit, Hembree and Frijolero like this.
  12. Hembree

I let it set on the kitchen table all night and you can image how the kitchen smelled this morning. I did shave with it this morning. It lathers easy and performs good. I don't think it is as slick and Williams and my other soaps but it gets the job done. The scent did tone down a little but Arko is not for me. It is put up and will not be coming out for a long time. I have been poking a little fun at Arko this morning on the 30dc. You may want to jump over there and check it out.

13. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

That price is too much. I hope you like it. I have to say it is an average shaving cream. Arko's creams perform better than Derby's , imo.

brit, Hembree, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  14. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Agree 100%.

bayercy, brit and Hembree like this.
  15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Thats a big 10-4

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yehuda D, bayercy, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rob206

Rob206 Well-Known Member

Do soaps sticks like arko or derby have a shelf life or go bad? I thought I read somewhere that cella can turn or spoil?
    If I order a case of arko and it takes a while to use, I want a make sure it will last long and smell as it should

brit likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

arko worked very well for me..i pressed it into a bowl and built a great lather with it..nice soap.. 20190417_175706.jpg

BigD, bayercy and Rob206 like this.
  18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

@matthewoli98, that is a great review! Thank you very much for posting it.

I have been using Arko shaving stick every day recently, and found it to be all you said - excellent. I really like its sandlewoody, incense-y scent.

matthewoli98, Rob206 and brit like this.
  19. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Its a great soap, i use it at least twice a week!

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

bayercy and brit like this.
  20. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I dont think Arko and Derby sticks would go bad. Their shelf life is very long. The other sticks also have long shelf life. Because they dont be exposed to water like soaps in bowl.
    Arko is my National soap , it is a nostalgic soap for me and i like it but i can not use it daily. When i see Arko in the market, i buy one. Then nearly always i modify Arko with glycerine and some essential oils. Glycerine and essential oils make Arko a much better soap, IMHO.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Frijolero, brit and Rob206 like this.