April 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 31, 2019.

?

Is Arko on the menu for you this month? Or Adjustable?

1. ARKO BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. ADJUSTABLES BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Arko is a part of it but not every shave.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Adjustables sometimes but not every shave.

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  5. What's Arko??

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Adjustable - what??

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  7. Just hand me my cookies and be done with it.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. I want extra ice cream on my cookies for ignoring ice cream in the last poll.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  9. Can't we all just eat cookies and ice cream and get along???

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The combination of Randy and his daughters doing the videos make for nice entertainment.

2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Not medical, but mission trips, with the Church of the Nazarene in Salima. I've been three times now, two weeks each. We helped put up a couple of buildings on the church property. A banquet hall, for things like receptions, and a district center with classrooms to train pastors. Mostly we did concrete and brick. The hard way. And vbs, of course.
    IMG_20180717_164519_compress_82.jpg

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I enjoyed the ride with everyone during April. My shaving exploits included my Weber, Parker SRX, and Mongoose with a 30DC LE synthetic, a Kent BK4, and a B-400 handle with an Omega '98 boar. I think there was a focus somewhere in there.

I've been preoccupied with the move, even though I'm not moving as fast as @PLAla. :) I hope to get more involved once we get re-settled next month. I mostly tracked along this month, nearly always playing catch up with the posts. I enjoyed the great shave reports and the camaraderie that is typical of the 30DC. I did my best to stir things up where I could.

I finished off a tube of C.O. Bigelow this month and added 7 pucks of Tabac to the den. That's roughly a break even, right? I'm currently on a mission to use up two more tubes of C.O. Bigelow and then a container of T&H Sandalwood shave cream. At that point, I'll be all soaps in my den...with enough inventory to last for a few years.

I also added a Single Ring that I plan to get in the rotation soon...along with an Aristocrat, and 3 Techs. I know, I know...I'm barely breaking even compared to some of you guys. I hang my head in shame. ;)

I shared a few Dilbert cartoons, but I agree with @Douglas Carey that better cartoons can be found. I'll see what I can do for May.

Thanks again for letting me ride along. I'm honored to be counted as part of this fine group.

RyX, PLAla, Edison Carter and 9 others like this.
  4. wristwatchb

Thanks Danny. That is sound advice. It's fun to look, so I'll keep looking...

Trigger, brit, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  5. wristwatchb

Danny, you might be surprised to scrape off all that 70 year old Alabama skin and find...
    bieber-news.png

RyX, Trigger, brit and 4 others like this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Charlie I have enjoyed the back and forth this month. You can ride along next month but you have to ride in the back if the truck on top of the dog box.:eatdrink013:

7. wristwatchb

Thanks Rick. Very cool. I'll post over there and cry in my beer with the folks there.

RyX, Trigger, brit and 5 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

very cool ,heard about those..

9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Nice picture, Stephen!

10. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Believe what you want to believe. But for the benefit of others who read this, it's a myth. A widespread myth, but a myth just the same.

BaylorGator, Trigger, brit and 5 others like this.
  11. Hembree

O.K. I said you could ride in the back of the truck on the dog box. Now you are going to have to ride with Old Blue in the dog box.

RyX, Trigger, brit and 5 others like this.
  12. Norcalnewb

I hadn't heard. Good job taking the coffee to the volunteers, I am sure they appreciated it. I'll pray for those impacted by the flood.

RyX, Trigger, jluc and 5 others like this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Great picture, Robert!

RyX, Trigger, jluc and 4 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

clint64, RyX, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  15. Norcalnewb

Very cool!

clint64, RyX, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

very cool looking razor Danny, mayhem focus?

RyX, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  17. Hembree

This is interesting. I have not give it much thought but I have a Yaqi OC melon head razor that is smooth as butter and not aggressive at all. I'll have to give this some more thought.:signs002:

clint64, RyX, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  18. Hembree

May break it out in the morning. I made a nylon wedge to support the SE blade tonight. Looks like it will work. This will be my first lather catcher shave.

clint64, RyX, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

That's inspiring, Robert. Thank you for sharing, and please continue to share about your mission trip experiences.

I've been fortunate to go on mission trips to Charleston, SC; Washington, DC, and Jacksonville, FL. My personal favorite was Jacksonville. Our team visited two different apartment complex communities (one in the morning and another in the afternoon) every day for a week in an area of the city that had a high refugee population. We would set up games, activities, and snacks for the kids. After a couple of hours of fun, we'd have VBS. Some of the kids couldn't speak English, but we managed to communicate with them just fine. Even some of the parents joined us because they wanted to practice their English.

We showed up on the first day, threw some soccer balls out, and started setting up. The kids came flooding out of the apartments. They were ready for us the next day when we arrived too...You should have seen this old man playing soccer with a bunch of kids in Jacksonville during the summer...we had a blast. I took a personal time out once to stave off a heart attack, and this little girl yelled, "hey boy, get over here....you're looooosin'!" And these kids loved to learn about Jesus. We fell in love with those sweet kids, and it was tough saying goodbye to them on Friday afternoon. It almost broke our hearts to leave them.

I bet you have some cool stories from Malawi. I'm all ears. :)

clint64, RyX, Norcalnewb and 7 others like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

clint64, RyX, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.