Speick Stick V.s Cream

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMark, Jun 28, 2014.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Has anyone that had had an allergic reaction to the Shave cream have any good results with the shave soap? I LOVE the scent of speick but am allergic to the cream. I am hoping I will be fine with the soap stick. Granted it is cheap but just want any info.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

No reaction from all three Speick soap, creams I have. It could happen, great results with a stick grated in to a bowl. Try the aftershave, top notch!

3. BigMark

I have both the Splash and the Balm. I find the Balm is excellent, the splash though as I have dry skin is rather bothersome. I could however use both. I was thinking the stick and one of the Twist up stick containers from WCS.

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

The Speick is mounted on a thick black plastic base. I always wondered if it could be snapped off and put in a twist up container. It is also quite a small stick compared to say Arko .

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  5. BigMark

Interesting as both Palmolive and Speick are roughly 50 grams. Perhaps I will go with Palmolive, it is cheaper after all and I have the Speick Aftershaves.

6. Kilgore Trout

Scratch my comments on Palmolive. I had a brain cramp. I meant Musgo.

7. BigMark

It's cool. I know arko is 75 grams but from the description I will stay way for now.

8. ctparamedic

ctparamedic New Member

I have some twist ups coming from a friend today. I plan to try just that tomorrow!

9. Kilgore Trout

Please keep us posted.

10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I hate the scent of Speick, but the performance is top notch.

11. Grick

Grick Active Member

The stick is just as good: thick and creamy lather.

brit likes this.
  12. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

To me they are very different, with the stick being better. The cream leaves a waxiness behind that I don't like vs with the stick the lather is nice & slick and creamy. Feels like two entirely different products.

In addition to leaving that waxy feeling on my face, my shaving brush needs to be cleaned a little bit extra to keep the waxiness from sticking in the bristles. Stick with the stick!

brit likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

the tub soap works well too.. download (16).jpg

BigMark83 likes this.
  14. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

It was ok. I prefer the Classic Speick scent. Im finally honored with my own necropost :love055:.

brit likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

i like both, just the first pic chosen, though i am not a big lavender fan..any floral unfortunately.i like flowers to smell like flowers i guess..

16. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I don't get Lavender when I smell it.