Kolonia 1800 fragrance profile?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Freddie Jaye, May 5, 2019.

1. Freddie Jaye

Freddie Jaye Member

I bought a bottle of this stuff at a local Walgreens, imagining it would be similar to Florida Water. It ain't.

There's little info about the fragrance, except that it's supposed to be some kind of citrus. I sort of get that, but there also is a peculiar undertone that reminds me of decaying plant matter -- kind of like the "cat pee" that's underneath The Veg.

Does anyone know the actual notes of Kolonia 1800? The label is useless: alcohol, water, fragrance (duh). There are other "flavors" in the line whosae names are at least descriptive: Tobacco, sandalwood, rose and so on.

Attached Files:

johnnyflake and brit like this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I’ve read descriptions that say citrus and I’ve read descriptions that say floral.
    I’m not much of scent analyst. I’ve got a bottle in my collection and I enjoy using it occasionally along with Crusella’s other products.

3. Freddie Jaye

Freddie Jaye Member

4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I pulled out my bottle and took a few whiffs and splashed a little on my hands.
    I can definitely smell lemon and maybe some bergamot but I'm not sure what else I'm smelling .

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Maybe gin?

John Beeman likes this.