Made in the USA, a new artisan.... CarbonShaveCo. coming soon.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, May 8, 2019.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Been following these new players into the wet shaving game since last year on Instagram. Looks like they are ready to break onto the scene very soon. A pic/link of their DE that they will be releasing.

They state it's a high quality alloy made right here in the US. Total weight of 90 grams for the razor. They took a classic vintage razor and just did a bit of modernization to it. Looks interesting and the handle is quite unique.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxM4Xdgn4N5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Frijolero, brit, Hammer8 and 4 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Interesting.....thanks for sharing!

3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Another project to fund?

4. Str8on2

Lol! No. I think this is a straight up release from the manufacturer/vendor. I hope...:lam:

Frijolero, Hembree, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

As do I. After reading about about the Model T I've decided crowdfunding is not something I'd like to participate in. And whatever happened to the Beluga?

Frijolero, Hembree and brit like this.
  6. Str8on2

Beluga?? Now that was a complete and utter fiasco. I really haven’t heard much about it since their failed attempt to bring the razor to fruition even though they received the funds from the KS Campaign. Who knows with those guys. They still have their site up marketing the razor for a preorder. Link below....

http://www.belugashave.com/

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  7. BigMark83

According to Sharpologist, it's dead in the water.

8. Str8on2

There you go. A shame really. It was a nice idea and a unique take on single edge shaving. Another note is that their website hasn't been updated since 2017. Anyone who's not paying close attention can potentially think that they're still going to produce it and drop the funds on the preorder. Hopefully, people have picked up on it and haven't done so.

9. Str8on2

10. BigMark83

The head is nice, the handle not so much. Maybe if they give the option to buy the head separately I'll bite.

9nein9, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  11. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I agree. I think the handle is an attempt to distinguish themselves from the herd. It might for some, but not for me.

9nein9, Frijolero, brit and 1 other person like this.
  12. Str8on2

Well, it goes live tomorrow morning @10 am est. No word as of yet on the website as finishing touches are being made to it. I'm assuming the website will be up at least an hour before the product(s) are ready for consumers. I agree that the handle is rather unique but, still could be functional. If the handle is awkward or uncomfortable in any way I'm sure a quick handle swap will resolve any issues one might have. Construction is 316/316L for the whole razor and yet no mention on pricing.

Hopefully it's manageable for the masses ($100-$120 keeping fingers crossed that it's under the century mark) but, you never know. I won't jump in if it's north of $125. Not for a new artisan manufacturer that has no history yet. I can wait for the reviews. We'll see.......

13. Str8on2

14. Str8on2

Whoa! $299.99. A little to rich for me.

9nein9, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  15. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

To me, that's a crazy price for a 3 piece DE razor.

9nein9, Frijolero and BigMark83 like this.
  16. BigMark83

Too bad man. The REX isn't that expensive, and it's adjustable.

9nein9, Frijolero and DesertTime like this.
  17. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:shocked003:

9nein9, Slipperyjoe and Frijolero like this.
  18. Str8on2

New maker, no history and decides to come out on the higher end of high end pricing. Plus, the product which will have some imperfections is being classified as "a polished finished with character". For real? Hate to say it but, it's just a money grab for these artisans now. Want to go for the jugular without building their brand first. They'll price themselves right out of the market and business.

Good luck to them. They're not going to be doing it on my dime.... What a shame.

19. BigMark83

Even if they were an established brand, I don't see this costing any more than $150. It's funny. These guys charge this, yet CRSW releases Schapenmelk. I don't get it. Sure, ones a razor and the other is a soap, but it's the principle.

9nein9, brit, Frijolero and 1 other person like this.
  20. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I kept thinking the same thing when I looked at the $600 Janus. I understand production cost, but sometimes I think new vendors are rushing things. Other vendors (such as Wolfman, Timeless, ATT, etc) have taken the time to build their reputations and don't cost that much.

9nein9 and Frijolero like this.