What are your favorite Stirling Soap Company aftershave splashes?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Donato, Mar 8, 2019.

1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Lol those are all great scents Paul and you cant go wrong with any of them. Sandpiper smells very sinilar to Folsom & Co Black Powder IMO and is a interesting scent.

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, I put it in today-Agar, Scots Pine, Deep Blue Sea and Noir.

brit likes this.
  3. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I’ve got a bunch of Sterling Samples, and they’re all pretty great.

I’ve decided that there are two main types of scents (from any maker). There’s the traditional “Cologne”y scents, that you’ll mostly find in colognes for business men or sophisticated men of leisure. Go to most any dept. store and a majority of the scents will fall into this category. Some of these scents might be more “sporty” (for jocks, etc.).

Then there are the unique, fun scents. Like Margaritas in the Artic by Stirling, or Midnight Stag by Chisled Face. These scents are out of left field (and someone’s great imagination). Currently I vastly prefer these, because I’ve been smelling and owning and wearing traditional style “manly” aftershaves and colognes my whole life. But for now, give me Summer Storm (or Trade Winds) by ChiseledFace, or Margaritas or Orange Chill or Piacenze by Stirling.

I actually really dig Mountain Man and Baker Street (oh hell, and Sharp Dressed Man!) by Stirling too. These kinda fall into that more traditional Cologne category IMO. Mountain Man seems unique to me, like one of the “fun” style scents, although it’s supposed to be a famous Creed clone.

4. Rob206

Rob206 Well-Known Member

Love the Nag champa
    Coniferous was too strong for me even though I love pine. Both smell exactly how they are supposed to. Stirling nailed it.

5. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

My favorites are: Cologne type scent--Exective Man

I tend to gravitate to their essential oil scents and also really like their witch hazel products as well.

My favorites include: Scots Pine, Bergamot Lavender, Coniferous, Tea Tree, Orange Chill, Lime, and Ozark Mountain/Pig Trail. I need to try Lemon Chill as well.

I also like Nag Champa, but have to go light on it as it is strong and long lasting.

DentonMajik, Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Maybe Scots Pine would be a good try for you?? I have the sample. Have yet to try it but gave it the sniff test. Very pleased.

Frijolero, brit and Rob206 like this.
  7. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

Stirling's copycat scents are phenomenal. Executive Man is the most popular for good reason.

brit likes this.
  8. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

That is by far my favorite of the cologne scents. Sharp Dressed Man and Sandpiper have a reaction with my skin and run me beet red.

brit likes this.
  9. Tinmantoo

Tinmantoo New Member

Sterling Spice and Bay Rum, I know, boring.

10. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

A classic scent is never boring. Stirlings versions are two of my favorites.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

11. Steveclarkus

Steveclarkus Well-Known Member

It would likely be Bay Rum if I actually ever got around to ordering it. The soap is fantastic. Very heavy nutmeg scent. Live it.

brit likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

That's a nice lineup of cologne dupes.

brit likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Sorry to hear that about Sandpiper.

Juno and brit like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Update, Gentleman wasn't part of the latest sample set, but it did get a recent Stoylin Tony Awards nomination.

brit likes this.
  15. MaxG

MaxG Well-Known Member

Executive Man, Agar, Sandpiper. In that order. Fantastic juice.

C

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  16. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I'm really liking Baker Street right now

brit, jgreenepa and Paul Turner like this.
  17. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I have worn traditional scents for most of my life. I’m enjoying a very non-traditional combo. I recently purchased one of Stirling’s summer scents in soap and AS, Obsidian Glacial! Love the Anise (reminds me of my grandfather, who always chewed Blackjack gum). The menthol combo in the AS splash hits just the right note. My wife is not a fan of strong scents, and this one clings to my immediate surroundings and doesn’t fill the room and lasts for most of the day.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

18. Paul Turner

That one is next up on my Stoylin "plan" :). (That is...I already HAVE it, I meant, as my next Stoylin shave).

brit and jgreenepa like this.
  19. Campion

Campion Active Member

I only have two- Sharp Dressed Man, which I can take or leave, and Glastonbury, an earthy patchouli scent that takes me back to 1972, and Jethro Tull are playing the opening notes to 'Thick as a Brick.' A real trip down memory lane. But strong stuff. Wouldn't dream of wearing it to work. Great for a cold Saturday sitting around the house smelling myself, however.

G'wan, admit it... you do that too.

20. brit

brit in a box

deep blue sea and sandpiper ..awesome..i were them out to work and stuff..gentlemen around the house..my work colleagues just don't understand nice fragrances..