May 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What kind of MAYhem do you plan this year?

1. I'm new and just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I'm a regular but I just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'm an idiot! I'm going to do stuff that will win a Shavey Award!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. I'm only a sometimes idiot - so might be daring, might not.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. I'm going to get me some cookies, donuts, and ice cream to make it even more fun to watch idiots!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. I'm just gonna shave. And learn how to do it better. And enjoy it more. <Mic Drop>

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thank you Jason! I'm going to wear it out if I don't rotate soon. My boar brushes are getting lonely!

Nice Dorko! I finally got a Tabac puck the other day....gotta get it in rotation. Funny, as soon as I sniffed it...I did think old ladies purse (cause y'all put that in my brain!). LOL.

Great shave and report! That brush will only keep getting better...broken in boar brushes are a joy for face lathering (or any lathering!).

Keithmax, Trigger, RyX and 8 others like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you very much @b1hart.

Trigger, brit, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

There are a lot of people that do not know this and you would be suprised at the amount of "horse people" that do not know as well. If let go it can effect their eating habits and irritate the inside of their mouths. The horse that he just got and the one in the picture is 6 years old and had never had her teeth floated. She had very sharp edges and she will be more comfortable now. In the wild horses pick up gravel, grit and such and that helps with the situation. In the pasture and babied like most horses are today this needs to be done. That is why a "captive" horse can and often live into their 30s. A 20 year old wild horse is an old horse.

Keithmax, Trigger, RyX and 10 others like this.
  4. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

For sure! I havent tried bowl lathering with the omega 49 yet, the bristles are a bit hard for that at the moment, so i face lather with shave sticks, just for a month or so until the bristles soften up enough so that i dont use excessive amounts of soap from my pucks. My other new boar brush, the Wilkinson sword classic shave premium edition i do bowl lather with already, the bristles on that are quite a bit softer but the brush itself isnt as good quality as the Omega.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Keithmax, Trigger, RyX and 10 others like this.
  5. Hembree

Interesting

Thanks

Trigger, brit, Douglas Carey and 4 others like this.
  6. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Super setup Joseph.
    How are you honing your straights? Have you gone down the route of stones or lapping film?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thank you James. I use stones. I have a Naniwa 1k, Norton 4/8K, Naniwa 12K. I also have some arkansas soft and hard stones, but have never tried them.

Keithmax, Paul76, Trigger and 11 others like this.
  8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Mmmm. Black and White image. Many hours spent in a black and white film lab as a diversion in college.... And Ogallala, so fun to say (and to use)!

Another great image of the detail and color of the Copper Ascension. Awesome!

Another great image Clint! SV Felce Aromatica has been bookmarked and on my list for a long time....you, you, you, Enabler!

I was thinking...might be hard to accomplish, but dimples on the handle? Would make for a very cool effect with lighting...and oh, yeah, grip! Nice work and report Danny!

A boar brush and Stirling! Fun combination. Gonna have to think about an SE razor one day.. Love the image with the old fire truck!

jtspartan, Trigger, RyX and 10 others like this.
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Danny!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Trigger, brit, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks Jason! There are a lot of new knots on the scene now that offer huge value for the price.

jtspartan, Trigger, RyX and 6 others like this.
  11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Lovely picture, Jason!

jtspartan, Trigger, brit and 3 others like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Mayhem 2019
    [​IMG]
    Chatillon Lux Pure Lavender~~Rooney~~Detroit National Cut. Co.
    SR #83
    Prep today was wet the face/lather/shave.

CL is a gooey soap and, if you're not careful, will pull bristles out of your brush---especially these oldies.
    Went for a very thin lather today and the Detroit responded well.
    Prep for the blade was a couple of laps on the CrOx Linen, followed by the SRD strop.
    More and more I am eschewing the ATG pass with straights. Not worth the effort and the 2-pass results
    are very good DFS shaves.
    The lavender scent is strong and lasts a long time.

Tomorrow, I am having hernia-repair surgery, so I am not sure when my next shave'll be.
    I am planning on re-reading GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire, and, of course, I'll be checking in
    with my cohorts here at TSD. :)

AlDm, Keithmax, Paul76 and 14 others like this.
  13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

That is very kind of you, Clint! You're a shining example of the 30DC spirit!

Trigger, RyX, brit and 5 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Fantastic shave, Blair! Taking the scales off the Feather really makes for a mean looking razor!

Keithmax, Trigger, RyX and 7 others like this.
  15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

That soldier needs to be buried with honors.

Lower the Flags to half staff boys.

Keithmax, Trigger, RyX and 7 others like this.
  16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Blair! As Clint would say "even a blind squirrel gets lucky once in awhile."

17. Hembree

Does this look familiar? I restored this one about three years ago. vo28H2J5Nss.jpg

Primotenore, AlDm, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Blair!

19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Beautiful gear, Joseph!
    Hoping for a good outcome and a quick recovery!

Trigger, RyX, brit and 5 others like this.
  20. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thanks Danny. Great idea! I have some leather sewing cord in different thickness & colors.....would cover up that bolt hole for sure. Grip wise, tho...wasn't a problem. It was easy to handle...the Feather matte surface has just enough texture. And....I ALWAYS have a dry towel handy when using open edge razors. It's like forgetting to put on a seat belt...as soon as I pick up a straight and my hands are wet, I KNOW something's amiss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.