Proraso sapone (green) review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matthewoli98, May 14, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

tonights green shave .. 20190515_183228.jpg

awk-m4, Ksblazer, bayercy and 6 others like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I’m convinced that it’s the reformulation that spoiled it. Until then it was fantastic.

3. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

Proraso Green is one of my favorites. Of course, there are smaller artisan makers who can turn out a far better product. (I'll let you fill in the blanks here) I'm a sucker for all things Italian when it comes to shaving and I use something Proraso more often than any other brand. Works great for me.

awk-m4, Ksblazer, bayercy and 4 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

myself included. love the italian stuff.. classy ..they are a large company dedicated to wet shaving ,not a big cosmetics company with a small branch of products to keep the men happy..

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    awk-m4, Slipperyjoe, KUSTOM and 2 others like this.
  5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I used Proraso Green, but I remember it as easy to lather and very slick. It was the soap I had my son use when he started wet shaving, but that was around 20 years ago. He still uses it exclusively. The formulation could have changed since then, I guess.

awk-m4, KUSTOM, Yehuda D and 2 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I tried Proraso Green (tub) for the first time and I like it. The scent isn't overbearing and it gives a nice, cool shave. I agree that the slickness is not great, but it does have some cushion. The matching aftershave had the same properties as the soap. Yes, there are better artisan soaps, but the mild menthol, the light clean scent and decent lather works for me. If I had to grade it, then it would be a B-. It would be an A- if there was more slickness and cushion.

awk-m4, Frijolero, bayercy and 2 others like this.
  7. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

When creating a soap/cream recipe the challenge is always balancing slickness with cushion. Anyone who has gone through the process will tell you it's really easy to trade one for another as you tinker with proportions of different oils. Getting both + a good post-shave feel is the "Holy Grail". I'm always trying to make my next formula better than the last!

awk-m4, BigD, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  8. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a tub of Proraso Green on the way I am getting in trade for an A&E soap. I don't like the smell of the A&E base. So, the question becomes what A/S to pair it with? Do I just go the safe route and get the Proraso green after shave or something else? I have a cream and green handled Semogue shave brush so I would be fully color coordinated for the all important SOTD photo if I did that.

Suggestions?

I am partial to Clubman aftershaves but they don't really have anything menthol. I have a small travel bottle of The Veg-maybe that would work?

awk-m4, Jorvaljr and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

the proraso green aftershave is really nice and it comes in a cool bottle..

awk-m4 and Ksblazer like this.
  10. Tedolph

I do like the look of the bottle.
    OK, unless anyone objects I will get the Proraso green A/S so when I shave I can do "The Italian Job"!

11. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

The Green aftershave would be my 1st choice.

If you want a little more menthol kick? Osage Rub pairs well with Proraso Green too.

I know PAA has a Proraso Green version aftershave out there. I think it's called awesome sauce. Heard good things about it.

12. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Proraso red and green are the two best soaps on the market, easily a 10 for lather.
    To each his own.

awk-m4, brit and Trigger like this.
  13. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I've been shaving exclusively with Proraso for almost three months and they are two of my favorites!

Paul D

14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I use proraso green cream pretty much exclusively. I like it

15. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

It was a Proraso green morning! An amazing refreshing shave!!

IMG_7345.jpg

16. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

There is something about Proraso Green being a refreshing shave for me as well.

I think it's the eucalyptus that's in it. I have always liked the scent of eucalyptus. So when I started wet shaving and read the reviews. I knew that I had to try it. After my first shave, I couldn't wait till the next!!

While some of my soaps and creams won't be getting repurchased. I'll probably always keep some Proraso Green around to shave with.

17. Tedolph

Well the Proraso green aftershave arrived. What a disappointment. It is a new new style bottle. Does anyone have an old style label they can offer me?

18. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

I use the Paraiso cream in a tube all the time. It's great for face lathering. I don't care for the cream in the tub quite so much, but that's just because it's quicker and easier to load the brush from a tube. Yeah, I get lazy sometimes.
    :)
    - Bax

awk-m4, brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

the old style bottle has the same afteshave..:)

Ijustmissedthe50s and awk-m4 like this.
  20. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Good to know Gary. Until recently I’ve been using the balms exclusively. The first lotion I purchased was the red and I really like the tingling sensation. I’m going to order the green this week and I’m looking forward to trying that as well.

paul D

Frijolero, brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.