Favorite bargain buys.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Moose, May 17, 2019.

1. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

I was sorting through some old stuff yesterday and came across a Visa gift card for $20.00. Here's the question: What shave item brings you the best results for under $20?

Have a great weekend!

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Frijolero, RyX, johnnyflake and 3 others like this.
  2. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Stirling Shaving Soap and Aftershave Splash. You could try samples of both for under $20. Sandpiper, Stirling Spice, and Bay Rum are some of my favorites that I use often.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Frijolero, RyX, johnnyflake and 5 others like this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I would kick in an extra $3.68 and buy two cases of Arko sticks from Amazon.

4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Some good after shave balum.
    Samples of Stirling soap.
    A baklite slant razor.
    Or maybe high end razor blades to try out.
    Those are the things I would be looking at.
    enjoy
    tp

Frijolero, RyX, johnnyflake and 2 others like this.
  5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:angry019:

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Yeah, you can hang them on you rear view mirror by a string and smell like a mens room everywhere you go. :happy097:

Keithmax, Frijolero, RyX and 3 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

BigD, Frijolero, NTR and 4 others like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Is the card expired?

Moose, brit and johnnyflake like this.
  9. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I'd say any software that satisfies your particular sensitivities, such as scent and performance.

brit, Hembree and johnnyflake like this.
  10. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

I'd pick up two 6oz bottles of any, Pinaud Clubman Aftershaves, such as a Clubman Classic and a Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. If you went with those two, you still have about $4 and change left over.

Frijolero, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  11. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

The big question here is:

What do you already have? Personally, I would lead towards a nice boar from Semogue or Omega. But you might get more enjoyment out of some Pre de Provence, etc.

12. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

I didnt think they were supposed to expire. I will check that though. I dont think it's more than 2 yrs old.

johnnyflake likes this.
  13. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

I really meant for this thread to be about what YOUR favorite low cost items are. I could use the card to cut the cost of a Rockwell 6c in half, but I dont think I would be any happier with a 6c than I am with the $4 bowl I picked up in a thrift store. Maybe I should have not included the bit about the card. I was just excited that I found some money, if it hasn't expired, that I could spend guilt free.

Frijolero, johnnyflake and RyX like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

If you shop around, $20 will get you an Omega boar brush and a 100-pack of Russian DE blades...top shelf gear at rock bottom prices. Or if you need soap, you can get two pucks of triple-milled, long lasting, and top shelf Tabac shave soap. I just purchased several pucks for $9 each. Or check the local antique stores in your area. With some effort, $20 should cover one or maybe two Gillette DE razors...razors that will provide superior shaves and easily last a lifetime.

Save your card for the Black Friday sales (unless it is set to expire), and you might be able to do even better. Saving is not likely 'round these parts, but I thought I should mention it. ;)

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

These guys already listed a couple of my favorite low cost/long lasting products. Another recent discovery - RazoRock What The Puck triple milled Italian shave soap. I've only enjoyed the Lime Burst but it's good soap cheap. This seller has all three scents for under a twenty, shipping included.

Keithmax, Frijolero and johnnyflake like this.
  16. Hembree

:happy088: Great price, great performance and great scents. Whats not to love!

17. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I rcently acquired a bottle of the green Proraso lotion and I love it! The scent is so clean and fresh. Prior to that, I used a sample of Stirling Dunshire while on vacation, and the two smell very similar to me. The Dunshire is a take on Acquai di Gio (sp?) which sounds like a venerable (if not famous) Italian scent.

Is the Proraso also based on this scent?

johnnyflake, bayercy, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  18. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I believe that is called denial!

johnnyflake, brit and Hembree like this.
  19. Hembree

:happy088:

johnnyflake and brit like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Unsure what proraso is base off.

I purchased a bottle less than a year ago. I like to try scents that have been around a while. I really enjoy it.

RyX, Hembree, johnnyflake and 2 others like this.