Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD May 20th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #64 Rolls Razor
    EDRIO #65 Barbasol NFH
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (4)
    Doug Korn Stubby (Vig Shaving 35mm, Carrier Class)
    Stirling Noir soap and PSB

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Jayaruh, BigD, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Gem Micromatic Open Comb, CVS carbon steel blade, shave 5.

This is the best shave I've had yet with this razor, perfect BBS shave. This and the Clog Pruf Peerless are in a class by themselves for the way I shave. The only thing that differentiates those razors is the Peerless is definitely smoother and almost no irritation while the MMOC does give me some post shave irritation but with this blade it is minor compared to other razors. The Clog Pruf at least with a Carbon Steel blade is in a noticeable second position. Interesting though is I've had better shaves with the Clog Pruf than the Micromatic open comb using ptfe coated stainless steel blades. I need to revisit that at some point to see how much of that was due to the difference in the way the razors shave and/or user error.

mmoc.jpg

Jayaruh, BigD, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  3. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Yes. It is by a good margin, my all-time favorite shaver. My Streamline's and PAA Ascension DOC are tied for second place.

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow!...First off...I want to go on record as saying, how much respect I have for OS' opinions and his research through trying things and reporting the results to us...And most of the time I find us on the "same page"

But that ole "YMMV" factor hit a redline on this one Needle on my ymmv gauge broke the glass on the front of it's case and is twitching like a flounder!

When I lived in Turkey, mine and all the barbers I knew had such a low respect for the Derby soap ( in comparison to Arko) that if we ran out of Arko and the corner grocer didn't have any...we would pass on the Derby and walk from corner to corner til we scored some Arko.

On hind sight...The Derby was actually veddy good...just not the slick lather bomba of the Arko...But "YMMV"!!! And I respect your opinion, AND I want some of what you've been drinking

I will say this....I knew somw cats who worked at Derby...and if ever I asked about their soap or Blades...I'd always get a box with 5 or 6 shave sticks, a couple 100 packs of blades and shave cremes etc. etc...They were very generous...I wish I had liked their products better. But their Co.attitude was veddy veddy hip!!

I'm hoping this soap you have is some new recipe...I'd love to see them come out with something great!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 21st May

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
    Arran Aromatics - Bay citrus
    Ever Ready 1924 / Windrose handle
    Gem S/S [ 5 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Am beginning to quite like this soap, which has not had much use since I brought at a knockdown price in its rather nice bowl.It produces a nice lather with a very light lemony scent, and when its it applied the 1924 worked very smoothly and efficiently. Very pleased at the quality of the finished Shave and there were no problems during or post Shave.

IMG_0500.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    clint64, madmedic, brit and 10 others like this.
  6. pj3r

pj3r Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Poslano sa mog SM-A600FN koristeći Tapatalk

clint64, madmedic, brit and 10 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Morning TOST Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Morning TOST Shaving Soap
    TOST LE Synthetic
    TNNSER
    Gem Blue Star CS
    CWR
    Barbasol Brisk AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Morning TOST Shave Soap by Vintage Life face lathered well with the TOST LE Synthetic brush. I did two passes with the TNNSER razor with a Gem Blue Star CS blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Barbasol Brisk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

clint64, madmedic, brit and 9 others like this.
  8. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

Tuesday's setup.

The morning TOST soap performed very well and the scent is amazing![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clint64, BigD, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Good stuff as always from Sir Bird,
    I perhaps have a "newer" stick of derby, soap?
    It feels better on my skin. As far as lather goes, it's just as easy to get a lather from both. They are lather bombs and will lather with no problem.
    It is my experience as well. Perhaps, I'm burnt out on Arko, perhaps I had a better idea of what I wanted Derby to be. I'll revisit my findings soon.

clint64, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You might have a newer formular Derby Stick...That wouldn't be hard to do...I haven't tried one in like....10 years..

Also, its a given that the scent of Arko has always been a polarizing topic around the 'forums'...But it wasTurkey, where I met the Arko...that scent IS barbershop there. ..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    clint64, Linuxguile and Hembree like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Gem Micromatic Bullet Tip, CVS carbon steel blade, shave 6.

First off I have to give a h/t to @jmudrick who turned me onto the fact Gem rejigged the shave head on the Bullet Tips around I think it was 1949. Because of that I went out and bought this plastic knob version which I know for sure was made after 1949. Not a perfect BBS shave but almost there and that maybe partially due to my face or lather being a little too dry and in turn the razor having trouble gliding across the face to make a smooth even cut. With that said I will tentatively say this is a better shaver than the guiding eye bullet tip. For the milder spectrum of Gem razors this one is the closest shave I've gotten with those. When I do my next pass with these razors I'll shave this against the guiding eye bullet tip to see just how much they differ.

mmbtp.jpg

clint64, BigD, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  12. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Wednesday 22nd May

[​IMG]

Cold Water Shave
    Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
    Williams Mug Shavig Soap
    Omega 20102 Boar Brush
    Schick E2 (Canadian) with a 'Schick (Chinese) Blade
    Witch Hazel
    Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

First use of an injector for a very long time and my first ever use of the Chinese made Schick Blade.. It is a pity they are so expensive to obtain in the UK.
    That was an absolute 'cracker' of a shave. 3 smooth passes for a perfect finish:)

13. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir..

clint64 and Hembree like this.
  14. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Thank you.....and being on the receiving end I can confirm that it really was:)

15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 22nd May

The Grovenor [ 404]-mixed
    Williams Mug soap
    Ever Ready 1914
    Gem S/S [ 3 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S lotion

Another ER Shave with the diminutive 1914, which despite the short handle I manage to wield to great effect. Not as aggressive as the 1924 but still delivers without any problems, a rather nice close all round finish.

IMG_1014.jpg

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shave Soap
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    TNNSER
    Gem Blue Star CS
    CWR
    Barbasol Brisk

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Williams Mug Shave Soap face lathered well with the Oscar11 Synthetic brush. I did two passes with the TNNSER razor with a Gem Blue Star CS blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Barbasol Brisk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. Montalvani

Montalvani Well-Known Member

I have recently an injector shick and I just can get a BBS no
    Matter how many passes I make and using the same technique I use with the hawk2. Any clues?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

18. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

DeHaven Model 3
    Schick Proline P

IMG_20190522_154309.jpg
    The DeHaven provided a smooth ride over hump day.
    Happy Shaving one and all.

clint64, BigD, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD May 22nd
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #66 J.A. Henkels Rapide
    EDRIO#67 Lady Gillette Champagne Starburst
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (5)
    Grizzly Bay "Wraith" (26mm TnS Tip knot, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Ramblin Man soap and AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Schick G4 razor
    Personna blade
    Vie-Long Silver Tip brush
    Morning TOST SS
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Pinaud Citrus Musk cologne

Yesterday's shave wasn't good. Much better today for sure. A new blade sure makes a difference and I got a much better lather. The limited edition Morning TOST shave soap really smells great too! My face is very happy so y'all need to go enjoy your day folks

clint64, brit, jluc and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.