Wilkinson sword classic TTO review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by matthewoli98, May 6, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

I promised a whole lot of new reviews and coming up is the first one.

What an absolutely gorgeous razor!
    A huge thanks to Sav for sending me this and the other products from the UK.

The Wilkinson sword classic TTO is an extremely well made TTO razor. It has plenty of weight to it, a classic spiral/barber pole handle and it opens and closes tightly. The doors line up perfectly and its a nice mild shaver. If i could describe this razor I'd say its like a long handled aristocrat barber pole with a super speed head on, in fact the head is almost identical to my super speeds.

The razor does rattle slightly when closed, but i discovered that this is caused by the cap on the very bottom of the TTO knob which can move, it doesnt affect the shave at all, just something i noticed. The last photo shows this cap.

All in all, its an absolutely fantastic razor, perfect if you want to experience a shave extremely similar to a vintage gillette but cant get a hold of one, especially if you live in Europe this razor is an extremely solid option.

This razor will definitely be in my rotation for a long time to come and thanks again to Sav for sending it to me!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

DesertTime, 9nein9, bayercy and 7 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very nice.. download (4).jpg images (3).jpg available in canada now as well..:)

Slipperyjoe, 9nein9, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  3. matthewoli98

Yep, a good friend of mine recently got one and he lives in Canada, an absolutely fantastic razor!

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

finally a recognised and well regarded blade company is supplying the masses with de razors again..bravo..

DesertTime, 9nein9, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Oh, these aren't vintage? I've seen the "new" Wilkinson Sword blade in the Saloon pack. The old ones were German made if I recall correctly. Do you know where the DE razors are manufactured?

DesertTime, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  6. matthewoli98

Nope these razors are brand new, they came out in December if i remember correctly, an absolutely beautiful razor.

To answer you question, im actually not sure where its made, the box says distributed in Germany, so it could be made anywhere, even China or India, but the quality is top notch.

AGHisBBS, RyX and brit like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

This is what I came up with.... Made in China by Edgewell Personal Care Manufacturing,

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    RyX, DesertTime, Slipperyjoe and 3 others like this.
  8. matthewoli98

I suspected it would be made in China.
    I must say though, using it and looking at it you wouldnt be able to tell. Its great quality.

Just goes to show that not everything made in China is necessarily bad.

RyX, AGHisBBS, Yehuda D and 2 others like this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

From the reviews I've seen, they've been very positive about the razor.

RyX, Yehuda D and matthewoli98 like this.
  10. basil

basil Well-Known Member

I picked up one of these here in Canada almost a month ago. Great razor for sure!

RyX, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Όχι!!!!

AGHisBBS, brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. matthewoli98

Nice!
    Hope you enjoy it!

brit, basil and Linuxguile like this.
  13. basil

basil Well-Known Member

I have only used it a couple times since I usually use a straight razor but I like it!

brit and matthewoli98 like this.
  14. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

As pointed out on other message boards this looks a lot like a Weishi 9306-P (you can find it on aliexpress).

gorgo2 and RyX like this.
  15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A Weishi can’t give a good shave unless you do at least five passes, especially if you have a tough beard like mine!

Edison Carter likes this.
  16. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

So you're saying they are not the same (can't post links yet)?
    I get what you mean though - I own a (rebranded) Weishi 9306-F myself and considered it too mild. On the other hand it has its fans and I often saw mentioned that it has its special sweet spot so it's crucial to keep the angle. After I did that I got a BBS in 3 passes.
    Maybe Weishi did some modification for Wilkinson to make it more aggressive. I'm tempted to buy both just to find out.

Edison Carter, RyX and brit like this.
  17. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Well, there is Feather. I don't own a AS-D2 (yet), but I understand they're a terrific razor. They also make straights for their AC blades.

Now. if they would make a safety razor for their AC blades...

Edison Carter, brit and RyX like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you do, please report back so we may have the information! TSD members profit from investigative comparisons. Linking to off site web pages should be available to you soon. About the only links not allowed are to Live Auctions. If it's (ebay or otherwise) listed as Buy It Now (BIN) with a fixed price, that's OK.

Welcome to TSD @Daywalker! Glad you joined us as a member. If you have a couple minutes, please visit The Welcome Center and make your introduction?

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

LINK
    Weishi 9306-P.gif

gorgo2 and brit like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

i haven't seen any feather products here in local shops..in the drug store/markets etc..maybe in the higher end stores ?

DesertTime and RyX like this.