Foamy Fraternity

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Ursa, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Better than Barbasol Cool Menthol, and light years better than Foamy Menthol....But I think Barbasol's new Pacufic Rush might be pretty close!

Now I'm not bad mouthing Foamy...Their Barbershop Fresh is GREAT!! BUTtheir menthol sucks!!! YMMV...LOL...It just wasn't really menthol...it was more like a chemical burn...But like I said. Some of their other Foamy Flavours Rock!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I brought out my Gillette Foamy Menthol for what will be our first day in the 80's Sun.

Ursa likes this.
  3. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

It's supposed to rain here in the Willamette Valley. The sun is out but it's getting cloudy. Enjoy that menthol Pual. It's great stuff.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Ursa and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Oh, I've had it for a few summers. It certainly is a nice feel(and shave).

Ursa likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

I'd like to get their Barbershop Fresh.

Ursa likes this.
  6. Bird Lives

Thats one Great Shave Cream!

Ursa and Paul Turner like this.
  7. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Another great shave with barbasol! Fotor_15612092303092.jpg

Ursa, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Gillette Foamy Menthol up for tomorrow(Sun)....it'll be "refreshing" for a while. but not for long in this heat. Speaking of refreshing, here's a refresher course on my reaction to my first shave with GFM:

YEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOAUUUGHHHYOUREKILLINGMEOHHHHHHHHYEOWWWMAMA!!

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  9. Campion

Campion Active Member

I too enjoy using the Barbershop Fresh from time to time. I love the scent. Almost a perfect match with Vitos Aftershaving splash. Very similar scents.

Ursa, brit and ordinaryshaver like this.
  10. Bird Lives

I'm thinking the quality of lather is better with the Barber Shoppe Fresh.. I could be wrong. .but this can of Barbershoppe Scent seems to have a better lather than any canned foam I have tried in many decades!

But then I really haven't tried much being a face and brush lathering fanatic.. .But this can is veddy nice, I must say! I also approve of Barbasol Pacific Rush, because the menthol is very high quality...But this Foamy BarberShoppe Fresh delivers a thicker more cushioning cream.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    brit likes this.
  11. Bird Lives

Today I did a "shave-off" with Foamy Barbershop Fresh on the left side and Barbasol Pacific Rush on the Right....

I have to call it a tie for creamy slick goodness. Both lathrrs acquitted themselves admirably...

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

I just did some poking around and it would seem that Foamy Lemon-Lime and Foamy Menthol are no longer on the market here in the USA. Bah!

Lemon-Lime is my favorite Foamy ever. I have one brand-new can of it in my den. Gonna have to make 'er last...

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  13. Bird Lives

Ahh Good! You've still gotta can!!!

Can I borrow it for a couple weeks??!!

Just Kidding! Just Kidding!!

But I did find a can of Barbasol Lemon-Lime for yah!
    [​IMG]

Whew!!!
    Can you believe THAT!!
    I LOVE the stuff, but $99 for a can of shaving cream!! I must have accidently stepped into the wrong parallel universe!! At least the folks here have their priorities right!! LMAO!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Ursa and Jim99 like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

It is good stuff, but that price is crazy! The seller must be trying to put his kids through school.
    :p

Paul Turner and Ursa like this.
  15. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

OMG! Pfizer-era Barbasol Lemon Lime! They will probably end up opening a museum exhibit with it at that price...

A can of Pfizer-era Cool Menthol went for $40 not long ago. If I didn't already have a stash of Perio-era Cool Menthol, I just might've sprung for it.

Foamy Lemon Lime is still currently on offer in the Canadian market. When the border reopens I'll grab a few cans the next chance I get.

Jim99 likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

Well, that makes me feel better from seeing a Colgate can for $48.

Ursa likes this.
  17. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

My jaw hit the floor when I saw that. The last can of Colgate I bought probably cost me 79 cents.

Back when Colgate was on the shelves at retailers everywhere, I actually preferred it to Foamy and Barbasol. I never saw--or tried--Colgate Lime, but it's on offer at eBay now. Anyone have recollections of what it was like?

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

I recall liking Colgate very much...it probably was among my first shave creams(around mid-1970's).

Ursa likes this.