I have a Vintage DE Razor PIF for you

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Rev579, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

In celebration of my daughter's graduation, I'd like to drop an interesting(to me) PIF.
    Tell me the best thing about graduating High School(for you), that which you miss most from High School, and finally what it is you wish you would have accomplished your Sr. year to be eligible.
    What will the PIF be?
    1. A Vintage Razor(what was)
    2. A Vintage Brush(what was)
    3. A Vintage Brush Handle(what could be)

International participants are welcome, providing they arrange CONUS buddy shipping.

The winner will be chosen Wednesday, May 29th, and notified Thursday, May 30.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Terry, pj3r, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Great PIF, though not in. I miss the excitement and expectation of graduation, the innocence of high of high school (real life has so many responsibilities, and wish I had prepared better for life after high school (I didn't complete college or a graduate degree until I was in my 40s and now value education).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Terry, brit and Rev579 like this.
  3. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Great idea! I’m in!

The best thing about graduating high school was the chance to go out on my own, the freedom, the responsibility and carving my future.
    I miss the innocence of high school. At 17 I “knew” everything. This me now laughs at some of the comical decisions I made back then.
    On accomplishments, I could have finished college. Love where I am now but would have liked the satisfaction of a degree.

Thank you!

Terry, 9nein9, Rev579 and 2 others like this.
  4. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I’m in
    Never finished High School Joined the US Army.
    They Turned a Big mouth Punk Kid into the Man I am Today.
    I’m good where I’m at today.
    Great PIF someone’s going to be very Happy. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry, 9nein9, Rev579 and 3 others like this.
  5. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Very original idea! I’m in!

1.) The best thing about graduating high school was the chance to go to college, where I met my first wife.

2.) What I miss is the lack of responsibility of youth. What followed was the need to care for ill and aging family members, and other resposibilities.

3.) On accomplishments, I wish I could have mastered math better. My employment options would have been much broader.

Thank you, @Rev579 forr your generosity!

6. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

I'm in! Thanks

1. The freedom! That was by far the best part about graduation. I moved away 2 months after I graduated.

2. I miss the places that we use to chill at when I was in high school, lots of the places are gone.

3. I wish I would have applied for more scholarships. Student loans suck.

Terry, Lancre, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Not in but thanks.....just glad it was over!

8. brit

brit in a box

i am in..
    1) finished high school, but didn't graduate..did a 4 year automotive apprenticeship/ college.
    2)miss parties and traveling with old friends.got married way to early..
    3) 30+ year career working on Volvo and hotrods.. owned a shop.still active in the car world ,more $ would be nice..no regrets..

Terry, Lancre, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice pif but not in.

Well I was glad HS ended when it did.
    Was in trade school for electronics although I had been studing it for years on my own. I liked that the best about HS.

Went out west long enough to figure out the desert life was not for me, came back home where I belong. Wish I would have went to the gulf coast first, it has trees.
    I like trees and green stuff growing around me.

Miss the friends that I knew, some are far away, others (way to many others) have sinced passed.

Good luck to the winner.
    tp

10. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

1. The best thing about graduating high school for me was leaving all the drama my classmates were neck deep in. By my senior year in HS I was so sick and tired of the drama all over my school. Also tied for best thing is me graduating at the top of my class.

2. What I miss most about HS was working in Industrial Technology class with my favorite teacher of all time, Mr. Emery. He thought us many useful skills from drafting to woodworking to beginner plumbing, concrete, welding and electric work. I always loved making t shirts at the end of the year. He always said “I’m not going to teach you kids anything that won’t make you money in the real world.”

3. I wish I had learned how to wet shave in my senior year; back then in 2007, my senior year I shaved with a Gillette Fusion and suffered some terrible shaves as a result. Most of the time I skipped a day or 2 because of the rough shaves I’d get with the cartridge razors. Now I shave every day and thoroughly enjoy it because I’ve learned to shave the best way possible.
    I’m in.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  11. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

These are good. Keep them coming. If the thread disappears,it’s only because it’s been moved to freebies. But as long as its active, it’ll stay on the first page where it can be seen.

brit, Angelo85 and cliffb599 like this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

OK, I’m in.
    1. Best thing about graduating was simply moving forward, one step closer to adulthood. (I was 17 at the time, so I had not yet reached it.)

2. The things I miss the most are my 17-year old waistline and the swim team.

3. This is tough, because I honestly left high school without any major regrets. I graduated with honors, had a chance to try different team sports, school plays and diverse academic programs. I suppose having a boyfriend would have been nice, except that I thought all the boys in my school were jerks.

Rev579, brit, cliffb599 and 1 other person like this.
  13. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. I am 51 and still don't think I am getting close to adulthood. Grin!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RyX, Rev579, Sara-s and 1 other person like this.
  14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

The best thing about graduating for me was about doing what I wanted to do afterwards. I actually miss being back in my senior year as I went to a Catholic H.S. and didn't see a lot of my friends after graduation as they lived through out the county. Maybe I should've taken school more seriously in my senior year and maybe taken more classes. I already had enough credits to graduate, but spent a lot of time in the senior lounge. So, I'm in.

Rev579, brit and cliffb599 like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

i am 51 too and feel the same.. :)

RyX and lightcs1776 like this.
  16. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Well I’m 55 and The SWMBO Tells me to Grow Up all the Time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX, brit and lightcs1776 like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Been to any reunions?

brit likes this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

yup..:)

19. brit

brit in a box

none.. and i am happy about it..

RyX and Killerflyingbugs like this.
  20. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Y’all are all older than me. My day has been made yet again! It’s been a long one, but good one. Watched the sunrise from a high rise. Had breakfast with someone I hadn’t seen in a year.
    65316C9D-6C94-4D52-AA6A-DFD3E97BAD99.jpeg
    Got to spend time with a full bird who let me fly his plane(a first). Laughed when I found out I was not the only one on a Black-Ball list(misery loves company). The Astros won(I was there in person with great seats).
    BAA09ACE-05BB-4DBB-8A89-CB07CE789C62.jpeg

Bought a couple of hats
    05447D69-CB87-4C3A-81A4-AC400CC43C43.jpeg C7D3CC0D-22DB-45C6-8BE0-FBBD2EDC43C8.jpeg

Had great Indian food with a guy from my doctoral cohort, and came back to see I’m not the old guy! What a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.