How's Your Day? June 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Jun 2, 2019.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

3. richgem

On Tuesday, I will be seeing Abraham*. :eek::scared011:

*Abraham & Sarah: One birthday-related tradition the Dutch have is ‘Abraham & Sarah’. This one only applies to someone who is turning 50. The connection between turning 50 and ‘seeing Abraham’ comes from the Bible [John 8:56-57]. A man turning fifty is said to see Abraham, while a woman sees Sarah. On the night before the person’s birthday, a giant inflatable or doll of Abraham (or Sarah) is placed in front of the person’s house by friends or family to ensure the birthday person actually does see Abraham (or Sarah) on their 50th.

Intrigued, Frijolero, Sara-s and 2 others like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hi friends. I am feeling sad right now. Our archery club had moved a few years ago, having lost the lease on our range. The only thing we could find that was even close to affordable was smaller, not as nice and more expensive. The move had also resulted in a smaller membership base. So, I have just learned that, we can no longer afford to keep the range open and will be closing at the end of the month. The sport, this club and its member have come to mean a great deal to me & my husband. I am just heartsick.

5. richgem

:(
    That's really sad news, Sara. It was clear how much you enjoy(ed) the club. I hope you find another one close by and soon.

Frijolero and Sara-s like this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

That is sad, I hope you find an alternative and can keep the club together.

Frijolero and Sara-s like this.
  7. Erik Redd

A couple of days ago my daughter was an event and somebody spray painted marks on several cars, including hers. My wife tried Goo Gone yesterday and it removed the spray paint pretty well without damaging the finish. She finished removing it before I got home from work, so I didn't even have to expend any elbow grease.

8. richgem

Wow... your daughter was an entire event? All by herself? She must be very talented. :p

Erik Redd, Frijolero and brit like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today I organized some stuff in my den, went to Lowe’s and earned the award for least manly thing I could do. I bought a large ammo box, last week. I am using it to store fabric, so I painted it pink.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Frijolero and Erik Redd like this.
  10. richgem

[​IMG]

Frijolero and brit like this.
  11. Erik Redd

You should add some flower decals. Or maybe unicorns.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

How about little bunnies?

Frijolero, brit and Erik Redd like this.
  13. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Wow, that sucks. I hope the club is able to find a new range and rebuild its membership numbers. Has the club looked into obtaining a grant to open a new range? The Easton Foundation has a grant program, and World Archery and the Archery Trade Association might, too. Many state Departments of Wildlife / Fish & Game / Conservation also have range development programs, including archery ranges.

Frijolero, brit and Sara-s like this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks folks. We’ve looked into grants, but they’re small and we need much more than they can provide.

It’s’ been a rainy day, so I used the time to get some crafts done. I made candles in Honeydew and White Tea & Spiced Apple. I made extra Honeydew candles to give to some friends. Then, I made soap, in 3 different scents- Eucalyptus, Lavender-Mint and Bergamot-Black pepper. The house smells great.

While the candle wax was melting, I mixed up a batch of General Tso’s sauce and marinated some chicken.

Frijolero, Intrigued and brit like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

eucalyptus lavender mint...mmmmmn

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yes, that combination s delightful! You can use spearmint or peppermint. I prefer the sweeter scent of spearmint.

17. brit

brit in a box

i would like 2 pucks please. do you ship to canada? ..;)

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This was a strange morning. I spent a good part of it hemming 3 pairs of my pants.

Why is this strange? Before my 15th birthday, I was done growing, having reached a height of 5’8.75”. Consequently, I have spent much of my life complaining about how clothing is never long enough for me. I ordered the pants from a vendor I use often and the length described would have been just right. But the pants were an inch longer than advertised, making them just a bit too long.

Given my total lack of experience with hems, I am proud to say the hems are straight and neatly sewn.

Terry and richgem like this.
  19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

My wife can feel you pain.
    She's about 5' 2"...
    tp

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Petite & tall women share frustrations about the failure of clothing to fit us. But I have spent my life chuckling at the very notion of needing pants hemmed, since I just about never do. This would be the equivalent of your wife buying clothing in the Petite department and then finding it too short.

Frijolero and Terry like this.