So I tried Rockwell...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by David09, Jun 9, 2019.

1. David09

David09 Active Member

And I come back with Crown Shaving Co. Am I wrong? The scent is identical to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I haven't tried either so can't compare. Rockwell brings to mind razors rather than soaps. Possible they relabeled Crown's soap?

3. David09

David09 Active Member

Very possibly. But I have no way of knowing except they are both headquartered in Toronto.

RyX likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

There are several Canadian 30 Day Crew members. I'll ask if anyone lives nearby. Maybe we can get someone to do a drive by, or stop in for a visit.

David09 and brit like this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Or ask them.
    Would it be faux pas to ask, or would the error be in answering or refusing to answer.
    Would one think less of the product if it's rebranded?
    On one occasion, I thought naught of it. (Green shiny tube close by, and a far away Italian maker) y'all know without names. Second occasion, the name brand I liked, but when I found someone else made it, I felt a bit dupped and made rebuys from the real maker.
    I guess if it was commonly known, I would have felt better about it.

6. brit

brit in a box

i live in the far west of canada and haven't tried either ..rebranding goes on everywhere in all types of products..

7. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I don't think Rockwell is made by Crown Shaving. Crown only makes a shave cream in its single scent and Rockwell sells its own single scent in both a cream and a soap. And to me the scents are different. Crown is a mix of spearmint and eucalyptus, while the Rockwell Barbershop has IIRC neroli, anise, leather and other stuff in it.

I have Crown's scent in their bodywash. I had both the Rockwell shave cream and soap. I wasn't a big fan of the Rockwell scent, so I PIFed them; I don't mind the Crown Shaving one.

Frijolero, brit and Yehuda D like this.
  8. David09

David09 Active Member

I find the scent of Crown tonic and Rockwell soap virtually identical . As for who manufactures what, I really don’t know anything other then what the labels say.

Frijolero likes this.
  9. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Fair enough. The other thing though is the listed ingredients of the Crown Shaving Co and Rockwell shaving creams are different. If Crown Shaving Co. did make Rockwell's product, it wouldn't be a re-brand but a completely new formulation, plus they would be making soap when they don't make any for themselves.

brit and Frijolero like this.