SOS June 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by celestino, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

8BAFF669-72F4-4CA1-BDBD-EDAD6A6F64DA.jpeg Tuesday morning:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Astra Green day 3
    Brion Sensitive SC
    Nip Man ASB
    Max Refreshing AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

No complaints about this shave whatsoever even though it was a bit hurried. This Brion Sensitive cream is from Serbia and it has a very nice minty type of scent with good lather and a bit of a menthol sensation. Its skincare is also excellent. The Nip Man balm’s scent is very similar and it’s very soothing, moisturizing, as well as cooling. The Max Refreshing aftershave from Bulgaria smells great, but it doesn’t interfere with any fragrance and it’s as cold as hell. Two swift passes were enough to get me mega-BBS!

2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Lovely amigo! highfive.gif

brit, clint64 and Yehuda D like this.
  3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Gem MM Clog Pruf razor
    Gem Stainless blade
    Fine Classic Synthetic brush
    Morning TOST Shave Soap
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    M&L Florida Water cologne w/added menthol

Simply put, a pretty horrible shave this morning. The soap wouldn't give a decent lather and the razor felt like broken glass. Why I continued it is the question. To stubborn to give up I guess. My face is NOT happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Tuesday, June 11
    [​IMG]
    I Coloniali~~Simpson The "Duke"~~Boker~~Cigar Aficionado AS
    Have a great day!

5. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

June 11th SOTD
    Prewar Tech w Polsilver (3)
    Omega Pro/ Poculi Beehive
    B&M Seville
    Thayers
    CL Gratiot League Sq AS
    IMG_2271.jpg
    Have a great day all!

6. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Thank you Sir.

brit, clint64, Yehuda D and 2 others like this.
  7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    June 11, 2019

OneBlade Genesis
    Feather FHS
    Ever Ready C-40 Envy White Two Band
    Stirling Soap Co. Lemony Orange
    Fine L'Orange Noir
    Terre D'Hermes

[​IMG]

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Star Safety Razor
    Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red) Blade
    JR #112/27mm Boar Brush
    Love My Skin Shave & A Haircut Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

First time with this razor, and after comparing the head design with a Gillette Tech, I knew it should pretty much shave the same. And with it's heavier handle, it was real nice. Two passes with a little touch up for a very smooth and comfortable BBS shave.

Untitled.jpg

9. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Tuesday’s Shave.

[​IMG]

Music provided by:
    Jimmy Buffett ~ Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays - Live

[​IMG]

10. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Pre: Warm water splash
    Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
    Soap: Eufros Badass
    Razor: DeHaven Model 3
    Blade: Feather Pro
    IMG_20190611_162933.jpg
    With this line up, what could go wrong?
    Absolutely nothing!
    Happy Shaving one and all.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  11. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

06/11/19 Shave of the Day – My Son Nathaniel’s Graduation from High School!
    Face Wash with Henri et Victoria Rasage Traditionnel Cognac and Cuban Cigars 2 in 1 Beard & Body Wash
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump 47 Conditioning Shampoo Puck (W/ Yucca Root & Cider Vinegar)
    The Club Black Birch Stout Premium Shave Soap Made with Guinness Beer
    Wolf Whiskers RCE# 47 Custom Fluted DWW-3 25mm Black Wolf 3rd batch Synthetic hybrid/fan knot
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Raw Shaving RS-18 Clear Cut Definitive Edition Razor Model “A” 0.65mm Blade Gap with Lubrication Strips
    Bolzano Superinox Blade - 1st Shave
    Shavex Alum Block
    Homemade Lemon and Mandarin Infused Witch Hazel with Alum
    The Club Black Birch Stout Aftershave Splash to Cleanse Your Soul
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Mentholated Mysterium Serum Advanced Fragrance & Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sangre De Drago Natural Deodorant - New Sport Strength Formula

Today is a very special day for my family. It has been a rough year but today we are celebrating my son Nathaniel’s graduation from high school and I wanted a memorable shave to start this beautiful day properly. I picked my favorite razor, the Raw RS-18 and combined it with the finest blade for my taste – Bolzano. Starting off with a face wash with the incredible scent of Cognac and Cuban Cigars from Henri et Victoria my face and senses were treated to some of the finest pleasures know to man. Just flat out amazing. Then for the first time, I broke out the Black Birch Stout Premium shave soap and aftershave splash set I recently acquired and was holding out to use for this occasion. A new soap and aftershave that had me hooked from the first sniff at the Maggard’s meet up. I never used a product from Peter but heard many good things about them. I must say the lather was thick, rich, slick and creamy – second to none. The scent was on the strong side and very pleasing. A smooth buttery, chocolate stout with the sweetness of vanilla, almost like butterscotch. There is almost a orangey spicy citrus component as well. The scent profile states made with Guinness Beer! Black Pepper, Smoke, Oakmoss, Chocolate, Cardamom, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Birch Wood & Patchouli. It definitely is a great and somewhat complex blend that works very harmoniously together. The soap left my face feeling soft and moisturized. Very hydrated for the post shave. I highly recommend picking this one up if interested. You will not be disappointed and will enjoy its performance thoroughly. After tightening my face up with alum and applying some of my homemade mandarin lemon infused witch hazel, I tried the aftershave splash. The Birch Stout did not disappoint. It had almost a fizzy feeling when applied and the scent is outstanding. I think a bit more of the vanilla sweetness and smokiness stands out in the splash. The fragrance is just spot on and sophisticated. I have been wearing it for a few hours now and it still smells great. To finish the shave I used PPA’s mentholated Mysterium Serum and this stuff is also wonderful. It rubs quickly and lightly, not greasy, into the skin, leaving a slight cooling effect. Just a great shave shave for a special day. I wish everyone the happiness and pride I feel today enjoying life and family.
    Steve

D IMG_4946.jpg

12. Smooth Steve

Beautiful Celestino!
    Steve

celestino, brit, TommyCarioca and 2 others like this.
  13. Smooth Steve

Good luck in school Matthew! What are you studying? How much longer do you have? Enjoy those shaves. Hopefully they provide a bit of stress free relaxation.
    Steve

brit, matthewoli98, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  14. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Congrats to Nathaniel, Steve!

brit, Paul Turner, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  15. Smooth Steve

Thank you brother. It was incredibly refreshing! A great summer shave.:happy088:
    Steve

16. Smooth Steve

Looks great Doug. Love the green. I'm a sucker for the woods and a hike. Very adventurous!
    Steve

brit, Edison Carter, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  17. Smooth Steve

Nice Tim. Looks amazing. The brush looks cool my friend. Enjoy.
    Steve

Tim Spencer, brit, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  18. Smooth Steve

Thank you. It has been a long haul! I'm proud of him and he a fine young man. He is also my wet shaving bud. Now I just have to convince his older brother on the merits of wet shaving! lol.
    Steve

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The Wednesday Way Of Things:

prep-Nivea 4 Men Bodywash(Energy)in shower
    shave-Rise Super Foam regular
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Mennen Skin Bracer

20. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Electrical, but as a trade, next trimester im studying aircraft electrical also as a trade and then writing the trade test for both eventually, might also study aircraft weapons systems too.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.