Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Gem Junior razor w/baton handle
    Gem Stainless blade
    RazoRock Plissoft brush
    More for You Shave Soap
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Daxton A/S

The More for You Shave Soap is some nice stuff, I'm liking it more and more with each use. Gives me a great protective lather and a fine shave. Some might not like the scent but I find it to be no problem. All the other parts seemed to like each other and, again, a fine shave was had. Now go enjoy your day folks.

Terry, Frijolero, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  2. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

E-R 1924
    Gem PTFE

IMG_20190613_154817.jpg
    With a slightly longer handle the 1924 becomes more agile and remains the Nemesis of the stubble.
    Happy Shaving one and all.

Terry, Frijolero, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Oh I remember THAT one!!
    You should post a couple picks of THAT Schick E2....It would brighten this place up a little

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

clint64, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  4. Bird Lives

Veddy veddy nice....I love and approve of all things Shovelhead....de Mesquita and Kampfe were on to something from the earliest of Safety Razor days!

Is that an "ER Streamline" handle? That razor- handle combo is quite the "looker"...Veddy Sexy, don't you think?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Frijolero, clint64, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Cheers.
    You're not wrong. Once you get used to the Shovelhead taking on loads of water, and shake it out, you're on easy street.

clint64, MPF9, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Ask and you shall receive, my friend!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Terry, Frijolero, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Ohhh Myyy...
    We should start doing "Fold-Out" like "Play-Razor" magazine! That one would definitely be a good one to start with...
    Dang, she a sexy beast!! I'm gonna go open a window, whew!

Frijolero, brit, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  8. Bird Lives

AND...that handle really sets this one off...in looks aswell as deeds!!

brit, clint64, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  9. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Thanks again.
    It's a Streamline handle and for me it works better than the original, plus you're right it looks they belong together.

brit, clint64, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  10. Bird Lives

Todays Zen moments, came in a very rushed shave time-wise...But the enjoyment factor was not compromised, but "off the charts, actually!!

And yes, I did use Barbasol, due to lack of time, BUT the Pacific Rush acquitted itself admirably!! Finished with a few spritzes of Guerlain Jicky EdP...Man, I love this stuff!!
    [​IMG]
    During my Pat'd Fuzzy W-H Clean-Up pass, I used Clubmans Musk instead of W-H...results were outstanding. And halfway through this razor started singing like Pavarotti!!

Had to be a fast shave due to time restraints...But was still, very memorable, in a very GOOD way!

Great Shaves Everybody!!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Terry, Frijolero, brit and 11 others like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Clog Pruf peerless, (S)chick injector blade, shave 1.

I decided to give the I2 a break after reading around that you could put an injector blade in a Micromatic razor, I had to try it myself to see how it would work. Well it does work. The tabs that hold the Gem razors in place on the cap also work as backstops for an injector blade. Shave was excellent but the all the I2 shaves thus far are excellenter than this combo. I will tentatively say this razor also works better with a Gem blade than an injector pending tomorrow's shave to compare when I put in a fresh Gem ptfe blade to use. I think the next few shaves I'll switch between this injector blade and the Gem blade across all my Micromatics to see if there is any reason to use an injector blade with them other than because I can. I may also give this combo another round after the blades are broken in on this razor pending how the other shaves goes.

Sorry no pictures today of the razor.

Terry, Frijolero, brit and 5 others like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Got the camera working so here is pictures of the blade load. It takes a little adjusting to get the blade even on the tabs but once it is and you close everything up the blade will be nice and secure. The only thing to play with is the angle by trying to nibble out the center in the back so the blade sits flat on plate which might change how it shaves. You should also be able to make an AC injector blade work with these razors if you cut it to size.

cpsi1.jpg cpsi2.jpg

Terry, Frijolero, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Here is a nibbled blade. I've been using this one as a blank to load the injectors initially with before reloading with a good blade. The blade is much easier to load this way on the tabs. How much the lift when not nibbled affects the shave is yet to be determined.
    cpsi3.jpg

Terry, Frijolero, brit and 5 others like this.
  14. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Central Texas Soaps | Mr Pepper
    Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
    Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

Terry, Frijolero, brit and 9 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

clint64 and Hembree like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Vintage Life Licorice
    Jayaruh #273 Synthetic
    AutoStrop A1
    Valet AutoStrop (5)
    CWR
    Florida Water

This is my first shave with the Licorice and my fifth with the AutoStrop blade. I stropped the blade before and after the shave. My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Vintage Life Licorice Shave Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #273 Synthetic brush. I did two passes with the AutoStrop A1 razor with a Valet AutoStrop blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Terry, Frijolero, clint64 and 11 others like this.
  17. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Star 1912 style razor
    Gem Stainless blade
    Vie-Long Silver Tip brush
    Fume Shave Soap
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Barbasol Brisk A/S w/added menthol

Another nice SE shave. Seems I have my SE mojo back and I'm glad. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your weekend folks.

Terry, Frijolero, brit and 6 others like this.
  18. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Schick H1 - The Hussy
    Schick Proline B

IMG_20190614_162402.jpg
    Many thanks to Fuzzy (@wchnu) for gifting me this legendary razor, what a true gent.
    As the lady was gracing me with her presence, I rolled out the red carpet, i.e my favourite brush, the Fat and Pashana ASL.
    Well, is the reputation deserved?
    Most definitely.
    She's probably the most intuitive razor I've ever used. It's harder to lose the shaving angle than find it.
    Apart from a little spot under my right jaw, BBS or DFS all over. What a cracking debut.
    Thanks again Fuzzy, like I said you're a gent and the Hussy is most definitely a Lady, a very flexible one at that.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Terry, Frijolero, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 14th June
    RazoRock Syn 24mm
    P & B Citra Royale
    King Cobra/ Kalyon handle
    Schick Proline [ 3 ]
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I felt more at home with the King Cobra today, it is definitely the most aggressive of the AC/SEs that I use. I really appreciated the lather that the P & B soap delivered, it made the Shave go well and I am a few hours on pleased
    at the Finish attained.

IMG_0530.jpg

Terry, Frijolero, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  20. Bird Lives

Who wouldn't want a little trim from that flexible Hussy......oooooh!!

brit, BigD and Boru62 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.