Jeeves of Hudson Street

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Preacher, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

On Monday, I placed an order with Jeeves of Hudson Street (on a recommendation in another thread). The follow-up email said that I would be notified when the soap shipped. It's Friday and I have not heard from them. I emailed to ask them when I could expect shipping and have not heard from them. I know that other applaud the quality of their soaps. Is this the way they usually do business? What was your experience with them?

2. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

It's a small shop. The owner is probably the one mixing up the soap, loading it into tubs, packing up all the orders and driving to the post office to ship everything. Give them some time to process your order. Many have posted about the amount of time it takes these smaller artisans to ship their products out. If you like their stuff, you'll be patient. If you don't like their stuff that much, you won't order again. Patience. It's a virtue. Something I tend to have in short supply myself, so I understand.

3. Preacher

I'm patient as long as I know the situation. It's usually lack of contact that bothers me. My emails are very polite. I do understand and will wait.

Paul Turner and MntnMan62 like this.
  4. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I hear you. Many of these smaller shops don't communicate very well. Better they work on making a good product and shipping it out than sending emails all day long. It's frustrating. I'm that guy standing by the mailbox waiting for my turkish hand hammered copper shaving mug for a month until it finally arrived. I get it.

brit likes this.
  5. Preacher

lol. Been down that road with the bowl. Took 6 weeks! I'll give the owner time. I have a few soaps to keep me busy, so I can afford to be patient.

MntnMan62 likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Paging Adam @Drygulch! I know he's had good experiences with Jeeves of Hudson Street. He may have some information about the operation.

Drygulch likes this.
  7. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I've got no input, other than it is a one man operation, its spring, and he is also a farmer. I hope you hear from him soon.

8. Preacher

Thank you for that. I'll just work hard to forget about it until it shows up!

brit, Frijolero, MntnMan62 and 2 others like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Adam! Being a farmer means only working half the day, just pick which 12 hours.

brit and Drygulch like this.
  10. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

So I placed an order May 19, and received my shipping May 30. But when I click on the tracking, it doesn't show anything other than USPS is awaiting for the package.

I've sent an e-mail, FB message, and another e-mail today. I might call later this week (phone number on FB).

What I noticed on their website is they don't have any contact info. You have to get it from FB.

We have had some serious flooding in MO, so I don't know if Buckner is affected (I couldn't find anything), so at this point I'm more worried about him doing OK vs not receiving my product.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm currently enjoying my Bay Rum soap. I'll be patient for my next order(the BR was PIFed).

brit likes this.