Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jrdelgado, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

These 4 handles are getting close to needing knots. I may not put new knots in all of them but I thought I’d ask the community here for suggestions for each one.

[​IMG]

The blue and white Ever ready may not get used. It’s stained quite badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

badger fan knot in the made rite..

Jrdelgado likes this.
  3. Jrdelgado

Thank you!

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i like the fan knot in classic white brushes..nice handles..

Jrdelgado likes this.
  5. Jrdelgado

Thank you! They have some war wounds but they aren’t youngsters. The new knots will keep them going for along time.

brit likes this.
  6. Jrdelgado

and the made rite says pure badger on the back.

brit likes this.
  7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I think the red one would look nice with an ace black badger or a tuxedo synthetic.
    The ever-ready with a two band 20180508_073733.jpg
    The made rite with this knot as well

brit and Jrdelgado like this.
  8. Jrdelgado

Very nice brush! Are you talking about the black ever-ready with the two band?

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have had a couple of the yellow-green Ever-Ready brushes. If you spend some time with varying degrees of sandpaper, that puppy will emerge with a very jade jade green color. Once the green is restored, then slap a Shavemac D01 two-band in there and it may very well be the the only you use forever.

10. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

I appreciate the line that they are "getting close to needing knots." I was expecting worn out brushes and then panned down to brushes without knots at all. What will they look like when they actually need a knot? Brilliant :rofl:

In all seriousness, though, what about a synthetic horse for the red?

Jrdelgado and brit like this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I thought the same thing for the red and brown one, it would look good.

12. Jrdelgado

Lol. They still need more cleaning and I want to sand on top of the Klenzo and the black Ever-ready. They aren’t quite ready. :)

brit and mvd like this.
  13. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I think the blue and white EverReady would look sharp with a brown-colored horsehair knot.

brit likes this.
  14. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

A long, marrow, white horse hair or boar in the Klenzo would pop! A banded boar or badger would
    Look nice in the Black and Green ER. The stained handle could be a great experimental handle for different synthetic knots, if the opening allows for your favorite size.

brit likes this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Are these brushes going to be used by you or gifted/sold to others? If they are all for you, don’ worry about how it looks; just use the knots you like.

Jrdelgado likes this.
  16. Jrdelgado

Good advice! I have looked at all the suggestions and have some knots ordered. I decided to move one of the handles on and got another handle as well. I will be posting pics when I get them set! Thank you all!!

brit and Rev579 like this.
  17. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Can hardly wait!

18. Jrdelgado

Hello all! I got some knots in today and gave them a whirl. I tried to stay with what the handles had before. The Made Rite pure badger is what’s stamped on it. The clear bottom Rubberset (a new to me one) mixed badger and boar as it’s stamped. The green ever ready got a high mountain white Badger hair knot. The Klenzo is going to a friend of mine and I’m still working on thoughts for the blue and cream ever ready. Thank you all! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b1hart, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  19. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

They look great! The band breaks up the knot in the Green ER and the white brings out the lettering. Likewise, the dark knot brings out the lettering in the Made Rite. Even the lighter knot pairs well with the Rubberset.

Jrdelgado likes this.
  20. Jrdelgado

Thank you! I’m not a professional like some members are but it is fun to give them new life.