MAYhem 2019 - Shavey Awards Thread

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by BaylorGator, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy096:

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Those were fun to watch. You have two terrific daughters, Randy.

Drygulch, Hembree, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Hello fellow shavers, distinguished judges, everyone who nominated me, anyone who may have stumbled in by accident and those who were just waiting to see something gory happen to my face .
    This year I was a late entry into the race. My monkeys quit in protest of working conditions ( I only asked for 23 hrs a day and to come up with 1 new razor per day) , I was banned from the cutlery drawer ( no more knife , fork , spoon razors) and a long list of excuses I prefer not to bore you with.
    So your probably wondering why ice cream for shaving? Most of you I know are thinking to suck up to the judges. Well in part yes. I also used ice cream in protest of my banishment from using our good cutlery ( women never ever ever ever never ever ever forget) and so I decided to smear it over my face and shave with it instead of eating it with a plastic spoon( save the planet).
    Apparently it worked and here I am writing this acceptance speech for the Shaveys .
    If you made it this far before falling asleep ( LOOK ...squirrel), Thank you. My heart felt thanks goes to the judges ( wink wink) , fellow nominees, Mackenzie and Katie for doing a fabulous job again this year ( I love your enthusiasm when you say " NEIN"), Randy, for taking the time and effort to make this all a reality and last but not least...Band Aid brand 1st aid products ( for sticking with me), Scotsburn ice cream company( for sticking to me) and anyone who I may have forgotten to mention ( intentionally or unintentionally) . Thanks again. I'm off to have some ice-cream.

Insert Mike drop here .

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2019
    RyX, Drygulch, Hembree and 11 others like this.
  4. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Thanks Joseph!

5. BaylorGator

We will now pause for more speeches from our winners...

Besides, the girls are a bit wound up now, so in lieu of an intermission filled with pre-teen bickering, we’ll go with this...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    RyX, Drygulch, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Well, first I would like to thank the Academy for their very thoughtful consideration of this award. This comes as such a complete shock, I am really am not sure what to say. I need to thank all the 30DC Comrades for their inspiration to reach new heights in shaving stupidity...err...frontiers. @9nein9 really set the bar high with his shim shave, and I must mention @Drygulch and @AlDm for their inspirational Trailblazer shaves. My children have been terrific supporters in my shaving escapades, especially when they don't tell SWMBO what I am currently attempting. Many thanks to them! I definitely couldn't have reached this without the support of my wonderful wife. Her willingness to leave the house on Saturday mornings so that I can shave without a razor without her catching me was instrumental in me achieving this award. I couldn't have done this with out her! Thank you again to the Academy and to the 30DC! I promise more entertainment for next year!

RyX, Hembree, Frijolero and 10 others like this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Patrick! Congrats to you too!

Drygulch, Hembree, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  8. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Keith!

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Doc 9, you appear to be a Shavey Favorite.

Drygulch, Hembree, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Congratulations, Jim @Norcalnewb and Patrick @9nein9 on your wins and the shaves that got you there! Also, good speeches!

And nice job on the jingle, girls!

Drygulch, Hembree, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  11. Norcalnewb

Thank you, John!

Drygulch, Hembree, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Jim. And congrats again.

Its seems that way Paul. I love MAYhem for the thrill of the unknown and proving to myself that I still got nerve to do this crazy stuff .

Thank you John.

13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great speech writing there guys.

Drygulch, Hembree, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  14. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Patrick!

Drygulch, AlDm, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  15. BaylorGator

Last call for speeches before the the Shaveys wrap up. tonight. Since all 3 nominees in the Man of Steel categories are winners in other categories, no additional speeches will be accepted and the Man of Steel Award and the Best Speech awards will both be awarded tonight, and prizes will go out this week.

9nein9, Drygulch, AlDm and 6 others like this.
  16. BaylorGator

OK I lied. Unbeknownst to me, Katie went to spend the night with the grandparents tonight, so the filming crew was one short. Hopefully tomorrow we wrap up the awards.

AlDm, 9nein9, Drygulch and 1 other person like this.
  17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

You dont have to explain. I have an 11 yr old daughter who can change plans at the drop of a dime. And besides... it wouldn't be the same without the 2 of them together. I just love the enthusiasm!

18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Good luck to all the nominees. My speechwriter demanded a raise in bananas if he had to type 1 more speech on an outdated typewriter. I never understood monkeys anyway. An argument ensued and he split. Good luck Bubbles in your future endeavors in political speech writing. Sorry it didn't work out for you here.

19. BaylorGator

Notice to @AlDm: your prize awaits you if you pick it and PM me your address.

20. BaylorGator

Life has been crazy busy, so the last awards don’t really qualify as a “finale”, but we got em done before I had to board my plane to the meetup. Unfortunately the jet had several ball bearings filled with junk and there was muck on the windshield so I had to go commercial. Posting from the airport.

RyX, brit, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.