Silly Trends

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just me, but I can't imagine getting water from the so. It would just be so... well, you know what I mean.

Frijolero, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Pretty soon, society will be saying, "We can't call this a well anymore, even though that's what it's been for centuries. What do we do now???"

brit likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Future weddings:

"So do you.....(name)take this man/woman to be lawfully wedded husband/wife?"

"So I do".

WATCH OUT, YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  4. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I took as a compliment, although I know that she didn't.

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Nooo, it will start out by the priest asking the couple, which one feels like bride or groom today. Or perhaps do the feel like a question mark?

6. DaltonGang

Frijolero, Hembree and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

my son did that for a while..i won'even go out for smokes late at night around here unless i am armed to the teeth..not too worried but the wingbats/crackheads are unpredictable..

imperial leather for me. and got to smoke a full pack one after another after i was caught smoking..they smoked,how ironic.they swore as well..

like the bumper sticker says,"there is no fix for stupid"..

yup..would be still there probably..

:happy088:

pierced private parts..ran out of places to hang stuff...

my gym teacher needed the exercise more than i did..

but not to achy braky heart..

or videos...

diet soft drinks at burger joints..

8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Billy Ray's daughter carried on the family legacy with "Hoedown Throwdown" (from the Hanna Montana Movie).

9. brit

brit in a box

oh boy...

Frijolero likes this.
  10. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

It really depends on what the area that is devoid of soil (the well) self-identifies itself as. Personally, ya can self identify as being a fire hydrant if you want to, it makes no difference to me. But when you're lying unconcious on an operating table after a horrific motor vehicle accident, the surgeon may have to consider the presence of a laryngeal prominence (adam's apple) before he deals with your obstructed breathing while also being aware of possible damage near the prostate due to lower abdominal injury from the impact. Despite the garish red paint and bright white hydraulic fittings the good doctor will be referencing his medical school training as it pertained to the male human being, rather than said "self-identified" fire hydrant who (if concious) would insist on being treated by a more open-minded firefighter. Because you're not really a fire hydrant.

BaylorGator, Frijolero and brit like this.
  11. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Funny story..
    As a working bass player for many years I did a lot of "pickup gigs" where most, but not all of the material was known to all the players but not rehearsed. Pretty much anybody can blast out tunes like "Takin' care of Business" or "Old Time Rock and Roll" etc, without the line up of back up players having to have a practice nite before the gig. One such night the band leader promises the crowd a new Billy Ray Cyrus tune and turns to the band and says..., "Achy Braky". I've never heard the tune so I look at the drummer with my "what the h***'s this?" expression. As the band leader counts in the drummer says to me "Relax, it's the same tune as Tulsa Time". Yep, it is. Didn't make one bit of difference that I'd never heard the Cyrus tune. Good times man.

ghostlife, Frijolero and brit like this.
  12. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I've come to expect that sort of gibberish from academia. I found it much more distressing to see it here.

brit likes this.
  13. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

A friend of mine called in sick last week because his job (in an elementary school) wanted to have a workshop in how to talk to members of the LGBT community. He couldn't figure out what could be different when talking to them vs talking to anyone else. It seems like the very language of this country is changing

brit likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

Sad, very sad. But, they are from Portland, just a hop skip and jump from Seattle, and in line with San Francisco morals. Not wanting to offend anyone from those three cities, but these cities are going down the tube, morally.

Billyfergie and brit like this.
  15. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I have never read such a bunch of ridiculous bull#### in my entire life. Whoever wrote that is a moron. Here are corrections to some of those definitions

Pansexual - When you want to bone the living daylights out of cookware
    Polysexual - When you want to have some serious horizontal time with a chick named Polly
    Monosexual - When you come down with mono after doing the nasty. You just had to kiss her, didn't you?
    Allosexual - When you are a sexual Allosaurus in the sack
    Demisexual - When you are jonesing for that chick who starred in Ghost. I don't blame you, she is pretty darned nice.
    Polyamorous - When you are a horn dog and a diamond stud all rolled into one

Much of the San Francisco Bay Area is like San Francisco. The place is not going down the tube morally, it has down the tube, into the septic tank, and is decaying in the sludge. It is the only area of which I know that would be improved by a nuclear attack. At least Seattle has the Space Needle and Portland has a ton of brewpubs, so they are allright.

Enrico, Redrock, brit and 4 others like this.
  16. DaltonGang

Hipsters are out of control, in Houston. I see guys with a beard, manbun, tattoos all over, skinny jeans, gauge ear rings, and flannel shirts. All on one person. I just dont get it.

brit, RyX, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  17. Macktheknife

Macktheknife Active Member

So long as you are not carrying an assault weapon or wearing a sheet, don't much care what you do or look like, actually. Gotta say, though, that tattoo won't look better in 45 years. I was once introduced to an elderly woman who was the tattooed circus lady in her youth. Some things do not age well.

DaltonGang, brit and Enrico like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Words with an uptick when said uptick makes no sense.Here are some examples:

What is the capital of Massachusetts?
    Boston? You'd better learn your history.
    You'd better too, since it sounded like you weren't sure of your answer.

Who just won the Stanley Cup?
    The St. Louis Blues?
    I don't know, that's why I asked you.

brit likes this.
  19. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

brit likes this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Everyone knows that the capital of Massachusetts is "M".

Frijolero, richgem and Paul Turner like this.