June 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2019.

?

What "Basics" will you use for "Just the Basics June"?

1. Basic soaps. Arko, Williams, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Basic razors. Weishi, Techs, Superspeeds, you know, the good stuff.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Basic brushes. VDH boar, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Basic aftershaves. Aqua Velva, Clubman, The Veg, you know, the good stuff.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. I'm using a whole bunch of stuff and I don't care if it's basic or not!

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  6. Straight razors. Basic enough for you?

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  7. Cookies and Ice Cream for me, thank you very much.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  8. I'll tell you at the meet up. Save me a brush.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Occasionally, but I try not to make it common practice!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Hembree, RyX, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jim!

Hembree, Trigger, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  3. Frijolero

Thanks, Andrew!

Hembree, Trigger, brit and 5 others like this.
  4. Frijolero

Thanks, Patrick!

Hembree, Trigger, brit and 5 others like this.
  5. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

The Doppelgänger Black Label (Homage to Sauvage) SS, AS, BS definitely trying tomorrow. I can tell this version of SS/AS will be a repurchase.

The PAA bath soaps....can't smell through the shrink wrap well enough. But, I'm thinking the Doppelgänger Grey & Black will be a repurchase.

The AS's....Doppelgänger Grey (Homage to Creed Aventus) and ClubGuy are definitely a purchase next PAA go round to help hit the magic free shipping.

The Vetiver and Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.....not so sure yet. The Vetiver....I like the Fine Fresh Vetiver better I think.

Thanks for the enabling on the PAA.....been thinking about it for quite awhile....your images, posts and descriptions made the final decision. :happy108:

Hembree, RyX, Edison Carter and 9 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

June 19

No shave today, but we made good progress on setting up shop. Both cars are now in the garage, and just a few more boxes need to be unpacked. We will continue to organize and visit Goodwill for awhile, but we can see the light at end of the tunnel. I suppose it could be @Hembree heading toward us with his bush hog, but I don't think he's ever been this far north of the Mason-Dixon. I'll just have to wait and see. ;)

My request for a six-week break before hanging pictures (not my favorite thing) was denied, so that will be coming up shortly as well. :)

I hope everyone had a fantastic day!

Hembree, Primotenore, RyX and 10 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason. I think I benefited on the scent by Asha picking them out in person.

Hembree, RyX, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh, ok. But y'know, if I began laughing while shaving, I wouldn't look too good.

Hembree, Primotenore, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nuthin' like being old-school at certain times. :)

Hembree, Trigger, brit and 4 others like this.
  10. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Yesterday evenings shave. I got a little preoccupied and forgot to post it.

Ern 3044
    Jayaruh 145 brush
    Mikes natural coconut soap
    Stirling coconut lime as

Overall it was a dfs since I gave myself a 3/4” long nick from a bad placement during the second pass. I decided that that was a spot to avoid with the as. D4F6E8D8-49B9-4FC5-BF3C-2DEA7D8783F4.jpeg I received a great phone call sunday afternoon, my foreman letting me know that I was staying in town for a bit. The other company can’t keep far enough ahead of us to keep all 8 of us busy, so I was given the opportunity to stay and work here in St. Louis. And apparently Boris did not want to let me get near my suitcase to unpack, I’m guessing he was worried I was leaving for a few weeks again, so He proceeded to nip at me whenever I tried to move him off of the suitcase.

wristwatchb, AlDm, Hembree and 13 others like this.
  11. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Nice setup Paul

Hembree, Linuxguile, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Terrific shave and photo Paul. I know you're glad to be off the road for a bit.

Hembree, Linuxguile, RyX and 5 others like this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Nice picture, Paul! Enjoy the time in town.

Hembree, Linuxguile, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Only 189 more messages to catch up. Glad none of y'all knit.
    Thank you Patrick! Not sure if you or any of our Canadian 30DC would be interested... I'm lobbying to get that Traveling Box across the border.
    Thanks Gary! I'm thinking about a daring next day shave for this evening. Fairly sure I've got a GSB, a nickle Bar handle, and some lime SS & AS. Got a wood handled brush, and a boar brush, but not a wood handled boar brush. Have to remedy that. The Traveling Box coughed up an Omega 49 brushthat will supply a donor knot. I've been working the chainsaw in the orchard lately. Saved some Japanese Plum, Live Oak, Lemon, and Blood Orange wood for future projects.
    Thanks Joe! I wasn't sure the licorice would suit me, but there's enough else going on I liked it. Pretty good for a veggie soap! My Paternal lineage is not Scottish, but Welsh. Close enough since it's British soap.
    You guys and your fancy scents. Can you compare those to my low brow Pinaud Lime Sec or Citrus Musk products? I have a small sample of a lime scent I'm going to try next shave, but forget the name at the moment.

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Better to post as I read/catch up. Excuse please if I'm retreading already covered material.
    Ahh, so Dale is also a New Deluxe & GSB kind of guy. Definitely going to shave with that combo tonight!
    Beautiful photo Joe! I can see the bevel gleaming on the edge of the fat blade.
    Huh...I'm stunned. And seriously interested. Would you share the ebay sellers ID? Next I'd have to discuss any I win going straight to you for a Spa Treatment! I'm OK with Delayed Gratification.

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Just the Basics June!!

June 19

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Jeeves of Hudson Street Bay Rum
    Brush - Stirling Finest Badger
    Post - Alum

I skipped a shave last night due to just being too tired and cranky when I got home. A cranky Czar is a bad person to be around and an even worse person to try and wield sharp Russian steel. A shot of Rye and another shot of vodka and a little food and I called it a night. So, two days worth of growth to deal with on Whatever Wednesday. For the whatever - Jeeves Bay Rum along with the Stirling badger. Great lather and I love the feel of this brush and how well it works. The Fatip and Sharp Star didn't bat an eye at the extra day's beard and mowed it down in three passes just like a hot knife through butter. Great third shave on the blade and the baby smooth finish put a good end on an otherwise second frustrating day in a row. This too, shall pass, but I'm hoping for a bit better luck tomorrow when I get out there. The fun of running your own business.

All's well that ends well and this shave put a good end on the day. Two more nights and we'll have the gang in town for the meet-up. BBQ is cooking and we'll just surprise the Golden Corral bunch with our presence for breakfast again. They seemed to like it that way last year. Have a great Thursday!

June 19 2019.jpg

wristwatchb, AlDm, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

the black label is nice stuff. my only paa set but well worth the $$

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

i think the rr lime is as basic as it gets, straight lime oil, no other scent additives..cut a lime and rub it on your face basic.. and pretty cheap..:)..those wood samples should make some nice brush handles..

19. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks, Rick! She is truly the jewel of my straights.

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir..

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.